NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Comskip 0.79 build 26: Three new detection methods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comskip build 26 is available

There will be no support during the next couple of days.

From the changelog

Changes in 0.79.26
- Added scoring modifiers based on comparing this block to the average value of Brightness, Non-Uniformity, Volume, Non Silence and Scene change rate.
- Added parameters to controll this scoring: punish, punish_threshold and punish_modifier, see ini file for details.
- Added graphs in Debugwindow to show where parameters are above threshold for scoring, indicated by red lines.
- Warning: Do not blindly enable these because you assume commercials are louder, brighter, etc... Do check your assumptions. I have not yet found a foolproof approach to have them always enabled.
- No longer required to have Black Frame detection enabled. Certain recordings work better without them
10 days without internet Smile
and how are you going to survive this? even when i do e.g. my military services (3 weeks a year) i at least have my cellphone with me to be able to read mails :-)
Anybody know where I can get the latest version? erik's site appears to be down.
Running gbpvr without comskip at the moment.
The funny skipping was the reason for it - my girlfriend nearly killed me....
I hope that the new comskip will work fine with 95.16 (i´ll wait with the update
because system running fine so far)
Erik sent me a version when he implemented the silence detection after I had sent him some tricky UK commercials.

I have to say he has done an outstanding job with this release, it nails most of the UK channels with default settings, very very accurately. The only disappointment is that directshow doesn't pass a method to seek to a frame and thus I have to fudge this with comskippad to back up a bit when playing through an MVP.

As of today, i'm trusting it to create a second "no-ads" version of the file followed by an avi version to put onto my Archos for passing the time at the gym. Videoredo and mencoder in use for those tasks.

Well done Erik

David.
spyder40 Wrote:Anybody know where I can get the latest version? erik's site appears to be down.
Also looking for the latest comskip. Any help?
google says:

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/ComSkip

although that has 79_25, not 26...
Its working again.
Build 26 can be downloaded.
See link below