NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR350 & PVR150MCE Remote Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,
This issue may have already been discussed, and for that i appologize. My

Issue is as follows:
i had originally bought a 350 card and it works like a champ. No problems, issues, or concerns. i even had gbpvr setup to directly access the hauppauge remote (45-button) correctly...hence, removing the ir32.exe from the startup and freeing up a lil bit more resources.

about 2 months ago i bought a 150MCE OEM (using the 150 WinXP Drivers) to use as a dual tuner card for my system. as far as recording & watching my shows, the system works correctly. where i am having issues is with the remote, it simply will not work. i have since placed the ir32.exe back on the startup and now all i see is the all too common & annoying "Failed to Initialize infrared remote."

On a side note...if i power down, remove the 150MCE card and power back on the system once again works like a charm. Even if i just remove that card from Device Manager the system works fine.

i am so fed up with this issue that i am looking for alternative options:
1. using 2 systems for video recording (1 to watch and the other strictly for recording and then transferring those videos to DVD)
2. installing a version of WINDOWS MCE 2005 (thanks MSDN Subscription!) and forking another $40 for a MS Remote and Receiver. But will this even work with the 350??

Any Suggestions?

Thanx,
LValle
Ehm, one question:

Did you try to change the PCI-Slot's? Moving the PCI-Cards around? The PVR Cards can definitely be controlled by one Remote Control. But sometimes, if you plugin another card, the "RemoteControl"-Card changes.

In your case it looks like, that the PVR-150 MCE get the dominant Remote TV-Card, thus your driver can't initialize the Hardware...
i have 4 PCI slots and i will go through the process of moving those cards around. my question, now, is: does it matter in which order i plug in the cards.

for example, should i plug in the 150 first and then 350 second?

the reason i ask is because i read somewhere, i may have been on this forum..i forgot..., that the last card that gets "installed" is the card that gets tied in with the remote from the point of view of the Windows Registry.
for me, it always seem to work that way: last card installed is the card 'chosen' by ir32.exe... but that may have been coincidence.
well, i went through the procedure of changing the cards through all the PCI Slots..all 12 combinations. and i am sorry to say that this did not help. i think i am am going to try to install MCE, buy an MCE Remote & Receiver and try from there. any ideas?
You dont need have the MCE operating system to use the MCE remote. I use it on XP.
Yes, it's usually the last card that's installed, since the driver installation creates I2Ctype and IRPort under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hauppauge\IR.
could i modify that registry entry to point to the 350 card instead of the 150MCE?
sub Wrote:You dont need have the MCE operating system to use the MCE remote. I use it on XP.

Thanks sub! i will definetly try the remote on XP. any recomendations as to which MCE remote i could use?
Oh yeah I remember this one, it needs a little startup routine to get ir.exe to go for the right card.

http://www.hubstar.net/onestar/gbpvr/ir.shtml

essentially, disable the card, run ir, reenable the card. I don't seem to do that anymore, trying to recall why - i mean I use the mvp's now, but occassionally use the 350 output.... but the above will allow you to bypass the 150 taking over.