NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nova-S Plus working at last!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just done a clean XP install, latest drivers, directx etc etc. Not sure it made any difference really though, think it was the lnb settings that made all the difference. If your in the uk try these setting

LNB1 9750
LNB switch 11700
LNB2 10600
Oh dear i spoke too soon! Seems a bit flaky, live tv crashes quite often with windows error and also crashes when trying to do dvb epg update! Sigh! Begining to wonder if its worth it for the few fta channels I don't have already on freeview nova-t card Sad With just my Nova-T it was rock stable!
Apparently there's a Microsoft hotfix to fix DVB-S channel scan problems; I presume this applies to any time the card is in use too. It may be KB896626 or perhaps there's another one.
Tried that but makes no difference. really think the key is the LNB settings but can't seem to find the ones GBPVR needs. Gonna try a bit longer then I'll probably give up, stick it on ebay and just be content with my Nova-T and Skybox. Unless of course anyone else out there has succesfully used a DVB-S tuner in the UK with GBPVR?
Reproduce the errors, then zip and a attach the logs with a brief description of each problem and I'll take a look.
Firstly this happens intermittently but very regularly when changing channels or entering Live TV. I get a Windows 'GBPVR.exe has encountered a problem' message and then GBPVR hangs so have to manualy close via 'program not responding' message. Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks

ps Forgot to say seems to work fine with WinTV and Mytheatre apps.
Hi Nemulate,

which BDA driver are you using. I cannot get my Nova-S-Plus to work anymore. The card is working fine under MCE and WinTV2000.

Any help is highly apreciated.
Just downloaded the latest ones from the Haupppauge site. But as you can see I've had all sorts of issues with the Nova-S so given up as its too flaky!