NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD CableBox PVR150 and Firewire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally setup my Motorola 6200 HD cable box on my PVR. I am using a Retail Hauppauge 150 with the IR Blaster. It seems to be working fine as is. I also added the HD channels to my zap2it listings, and set the cable box to 4:3 widescreen 480i, so I can now record the HD channels via the A/V jacks as normal NTSC video. I am hoping that this will be a cleaner source for my local broadcast channels since they come out crappy sometimes compared to the digital channels.

Anywho, I have also used a program called "CapDVHS" and I can capture the actual HD data stream to my PC. It captures at about 100K a minute, or 6gig/hr. Obviously the picture is OUTSTANDING from those files, and I can only watch them by dragging them to VLC.

What I would LOVE to be able to do is to have GBPVR tune to the correct HD channel (as it does now) at the right time, then fire off the CapDVHS to capture the stream. Then I could transcode/recode/whatever down to 720x480 for MVP viewing, and still be ahead of the game compared to capturing from normal channels.