NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR150 & PVR USB2 Running Together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Question for anyone who has had any experience in this area running these two tuners on their system. Can I just use the IR built into the PVR USB2 to control everything?

I used to have just the PVR USB2 installed on my system, but my brother gave me his PVR 150 so now I can enjoy the benefits of watching and recording at the same time Big Grin I just need some help in this area because ever since I installed the PVR 150, I can't use the remote.

Any help is really appreciated Big Grin
Does the 150 have a remote or at least install the driver for the remote? If so you might want to uninstall and re-install the usb2 tuner as I think I read somewhere that the last device installed usually has control of the remote! Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!
I had a pvr usb2 and a pvr 250 together working fine, the usb2 pvr was the device that recieved the ir signal from the remote as I never installed the ir cable for the pvr 250.
Hmm.. herbs.. how did you install them? Or I should ask, in what order? I got them both working fine... (I can watch and record at the same time!!) But still no go on the iR.
The pvr 250 was my first hardware card so it was being used first then a few months later I purchased the pvr usb2, so they were installed in that order. Have you tried the latest remote software from hauppauge?
My system now includes 4 hauppauge cards, but my nova-t usb2 is used for the ir stuff although if my pvr usb2 is not working the ir remote software does not load. Strange but if I re-detect the pvr usb2 and re-run the ir.exe all is fine again.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Unfortunately, when I restart my computer, the software reverts back to being broken again. I have a temporary fix where I open up the Device Manager and re-detect my WinTV PVR USB2 by selecting "Scan for Hardware Changes"

Thanks again.
primetime Wrote:Thanks for all your help guys.

Unfortunately, when I restart my computer, the software reverts back to being broken again. I have a temporary fix where I open up the Device Manager and re-detect my WinTV PVR USB2 by selecting "Scan for Hardware Changes"

Thanks again.

All this talk and now I can't get my damned remote to work at all. DAMNIT!

I made sure not to install the USB2 until the very end but no go... The WAF is suffering BIG TIME because of this! Sad
daphatty Wrote:All this talk and now I can't get my damned remote to work at all. DAMNIT!

I made sure not to install the USB2 until the very end but no go... The WAF is suffering BIG TIME because of this! Sad

daphatty,

What are your cards? Did you make sure you "Fixed" the remote in the GBPVR config? Did you try my suggestion of opening up the device manager and looking at the card/usb device the remote works off from and "Scan for hardware changes"?
primetime Wrote:daphatty,

What are your cards?

See my sig. They were installed in the reverse order that they are listed in.

Quote:Did you make sure you "Fixed" the remote in the GBPVR config?
Yep.

Quote:Did you try my suggestion of opening up the device manager and looking at the card/usb device the remote works off from and "Scan for hardware changes"?

That depends. If you mean, did I disable/re-enable the card, then yes. Haven't done a scan for changes though. What exactly would that do considering that there haven't been any "changes" made?
Hmm.. ok then.

Try disabling every PVR card except your WinTV PVR USB2.

Restart IR.

Enable all the cards you disabled.

Works for me.. very tedious though when I restart my computer.
Pages: 1 2