NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WinTV PVR500 woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have spent a good deal of time looking over the fourms to try to get my new PVR500 to work (correctly), but I cannot seem to get it right.

I set things up as follows:
- Install a fresh copy of WindowsXP 64 with all the patches (AMD system)
- Install the MediaMVP software (disabled the Hauppauge services)
- Install the WinTV PVR500 hardware
- Install the PVR500 drivers (device manager shows 2 tuners)
- Install GBPVR
- Set up the capture source

Now here is where things get a bit weird.

Problem #1:
For the "Capture Card Type", I can select either a PVR500 or PVR500 w/Radio.
For the "Board Number", If I select "Capture device #1" then the Video works (I can watch TV), but the Audio is all static (I believe the radio audio is coming through); if I select "Capture device #2" then the Video and Audio (TV) work just fine.

Problem #2:
I have tried setting two capture souces in various combinations of PVR500 with (and without) FM Radio: Souce one set as "Capture device #1" and source two set as "Capture device #2". I cannot seem to have both tuners working at the same time however. If I start my MediaMVP and watch TV and then try to watch another channel on the computer, I get the "no tuner available" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

d_aye
d_aye Wrote:I have spent a good deal of time looking over the fourms to try to get my new PVR500 to work (correctly), but I cannot seem to get it right.

I set things up as follows:
- Install a fresh copy of WindowsXP 64 with all the patches (AMD system)
- Install the MediaMVP software (disabled the Hauppauge services)
- Install the WinTV PVR500 hardware
- Install the PVR500 drivers (device manager shows 2 tuners)
- Install GBPVR
- Set up the capture source

Now here is where things get a bit weird.

Problem #1:
For the "Capture Card Type", I can select either a PVR500 or PVR500 w/Radio.
For the "Board Number", If I select "Capture device #1" then the Video works (I can watch TV), but the Audio is all static (I believe the radio audio is coming through); if I select "Capture device #2" then the Video and Audio (TV) work just fine.

Problem #2:
I have tried setting two capture souces in various combinations of PVR500 with (and without) FM Radio: Souce one set as "Capture device #1" and source two set as "Capture device #2". I cannot seem to have both tuners working at the same time however. If I start my MediaMVP and watch TV and then try to watch another channel on the computer, I get the "no tuner available" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

d_aye

Try this...

When you setup your capture source set one of the tunners as a PVR500 and name it PVR500 #1. Then set the other Tunner as a PVR500-FM Tunner and name it PVR500 #2. Set the capture source of the first one to #1 and the second tunner to #2. Then close out of cofiguration. Use the tool above to see how your GBPVR system is recognizing the tunners....if the capture device numbers do not match what you set go back into congig and edit the devices changing the capture device number to the correct one for each tunner.
Thanks for the tip.

I had to set both of my tuners to PVR500 w/FM Radio. This is counter to what I had read in the fourms but it works for me now Smile

Thanks!!

d_aye