NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Lifeview DVB-s card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally Posted by drag0n
Is the SoftwareRecorder plugin compatible with Lifeview DVB-s ?
http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/prod...tv/flydvbs.htm

Originally Posted by sub
I'm fairly sure that card has BDA drivers? If so, you should be able to get it to work without any plugins - though you may need add a section to bda.ini.

Thanks Sub. The lifeview DVB-S card works great (has DBA drivers), after I added the following section to bda.ini:
[INDENT][Lifeview FlyDVB-S]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-S
FILTER_TUNER=713x BDA DVBS Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=713x BDA Digital Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport[/INDENT]

Everything seems to work great, except that every time I exit the config program, I get the following error code:
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed.
   at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library)
   at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine)
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses()
   at xeb983fa94d0b4753.xfd6951461fe46d87.xd1bc48f5dba57993(Object xdf2e3583f942db7b, EventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any ideas how it can be fixed?
Quote:Thanks Sub. The lifeview DVB-S card works great (has DBA drivers), after I added the following section to bda.ini:
[Lifeview FlyDVB-S]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-S
FILTER_TUNER=713x BDA DVBS Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=713x BDA Digital Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
Cheers.

Quote:Everything seems to work great, except that every time I exit the config program, I get the following error code:
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed.
   at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library)
   at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine)
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses()
   at xeb983fa94d0b4753.xfd6951461fe46d87.xd1bc48f5dba57993(Object xdf2e3583f942db7b, EventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any ideas how it can be fixed?
Thats a fairly common .net error, not directly related to GB-PVR. If you do a forum or google search for "Process performance counter is disabled" you should find instructions on how to fix it.