NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ati 550Pro Mute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, finally started my migration to a proper HTPC Smile Started with the small step of a TUL 550 Pro into my existing system to replace my Leadtek PVR2000, so I can play with GB-PVR. GB looks great so far (go Kiwi!), with a few quibbles...

First big question - how the heck do I mute this card without muting my whole system? I'd like to be able to do other things with my PC while it records TV, like play music etc, but neither PowerCinema or GB seem to have any way to mute the thing without just muting the whole system. Presumably this is something to do with the audio coming over the PCI bus, but it's a big annoyance. GB-PVR doesn't seem to have mute at all, or am I being thick?!

Also, why the use of "ctrl" modifier on the keyboard shortcuts? One of my big gripes with mediaplayer is Microsoft's insistance on things like ctrl-p to pause instead of simply hitting one key - surprised to find GB is like that too!

Sorry to start with gripes!
Quote:First big question - how the heck do I mute this card without muting my whole system? I'd like to be able to do other things with my PC while it records TV, like play music etc, but neither PowerCinema or GB seem to have any way to mute the thing without just muting the whole system.
Huh? You shouldnt hear anything when you're just recording. You've got the audio connected to the 550 Pro card not you sounds card right??

Quote:Also, why the use of "ctrl" modifier on the keyboard shortcuts? One of my big gripes with mediaplayer is Microsoft's insistance on things like ctrl-p to pause instead of simply hitting one key - surprised to find GB is like that too!
...because I prefer this. It also makes it easy to differentiate between these special control buttons and general typing (searching for show names, entering filenames etc).
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm recording from the tuner rather than Sky (composite) so there's no "audio in" as such, if you see what I mean. Is there a "mute" in GBPVR? As I understand it, the audio travels over the PCI bus rather than via the sound card on a 550? I can imagine that complicates things.

Fair enough on the "ctrl" keys, I can understand why you'd do that, although searches would be easily distinguished by context, no? Personal preference, I respect that. Is it customisable? I guess ultimately I'll be remote-controlling this thing, so it's a moot point (as opposed to the mute point above, ha!)
Quote:I'm recording from the tuner rather than Sky (composite) so there's no "audio in" as such, if you see what I mean.
Let me make sure I understand this correct, when you are doing a recording, and not watching it, you hear the audio. If so thats, really screwy. I've never heard a single person report a problem like that.

Quote:Is there a "mute" in GBPVR?
No there isnt. You can turn the volume up or down, but that only works when you a 'watching' something.

Quote:As I understand it, the audio travels over the PCI bus rather than via the sound card on a 550? I can imagine that complicates things.
Whats that got to do with it? If audio travels over the PCI bus, this doesnt mean its going to the soundcard.

Quote:Fair enough on the "ctrl" keys, I can understand why you'd do that, although searches would be easily distinguished by context, no?
Sure, I know whats in my own screens, I have no idea whats on the various plugin screens. Text fields could be pretty much anywhere. I want to make sure I can pass on the full set of key press so they can do pretty much anything they want.
Ok, crossed wires. As I've discovered, if you're in a scheduled recording, there's no audio, you're right. That's cool. It's when I'm in Live TV and trigger a manual record that I was having problems. I'll play with that more to narrow down what's actually going on.
cheers!