NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV-out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently looking to upgrade my Video card. I use Tv-out. There are a few cards out there that can do Mpeg encoding, as apposed to the intergated TV encoder. Witch would be better for me? Or is the TV encoder included with the Mpeg cards? I use Games with GBPVR on my tv. I have heard that the 350 cards cant do this. This is why I ask. I dont want to buy a new card with Mpeg support and then not be able to play the games!

thanks
Your question is a little unclear.

Are you refering to one of the combination TV tuner AND graphics cards like the ATI All in wonder?

The best option is to get a TV tuner with hardware ENcoder and a good graphics card that has SOME mpeg DEcoding capabilities (but this is not the same as the hardware decoder on the 350 TV card, and not the same quality (on analogue tv) either.

Look at http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html (als refered to on another thread here)

If you are a gamer, then it is important that you buy a graphics card that is powerful enough to play the games that you want to play now and tomorrow. Which one is the best for you depends on your budget and requirements.