NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GBMVP.BIN feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The latest release (v0.96.8) included the new alternate GBMVP.BIN dongle. Its fairly rough at the moment, but I'll be improving it over coming releases.

If you have any feedback relating to GBMVP.BIN dongle, post it here. I'll try to work through as much as I can.

Oh, and no feedback means everything is fine...
I only tried it quickly, I had to see the windowed video on it.

What I noticed, was that the menus did not seem as clear as on the regular dongle. Almost like the interlaced effect of the TV was exagerated.

Also, the screens came up black and white a few times.

As well, when navigating the menus, thus causing a refresh of the screen, it seemed like the butons switched to greay momentarily before being filled with color. the guide obviously had the same effect when navigating through it.

the reason I stopped using it is mainly because 3 out 4 times, when I started playing live TV, I lost all control over the MVP, meaning it would not respond to any remote commands.

To add something positive, it was pretty neat to see a small video window on the MVP. I'm anxious to see what you're able to do with this.
Cheers for the feedback.
If anyone want to take the time to do a bit of testing and let me know steps to reproduce problems, it'd certainly go a long way towards solving those problems.
I just turned it on, and will test now.
I have reverted to dongle.bin, but I played with it for a while and saw the same problems that Lucas_24 described; in addition, it was far more unresponsive on key presses than dongle.bin, but hey, it's vers. 0.0.1, right? Sometimes coming out of live tv / video it fell back to the four boxes but eventually reconnected.

In addition, when I turned it off (with the remote) and then turned it back on, the front LED illuminated, but nothing happened. All my gear (MVP included) goes through an auto-sensing A/V selector, and that wasn't detecting a video output from the MVP* and requires me to pull the MVP plug.

* This may be unique to me, as for some reason I have to use a TFTP server to initially shove the .bin file to the MVP; I don't know if this is related to this. I'll be interested to see if anyone reports a similar experience.

Overall though, while not ready for primetime yet I am excited about this and can't wait for future refinements - mucho kudos to you!
groover km Wrote:I have reverted to dongle.bin, but I played with it for a while and saw the same problems that Lucas_24 described; in addition, it was far more unresponsive on key presses than dongle.bin, but hey, it's vers. 0.0.1, right? Sometimes coming out of live tv / video it fell back to the four boxes but eventually reconnected.

In addition, when I turned it off (with the remote) and then turned it back on, the front LED illuminated, but nothing happened. All my gear (MVP included) goes through an auto-sensing A/V selector, and that wasn't detecting a video output from the MVP* and requires me to pull the MVP plug.

* This may be unique to me, as for some reason I have to use a TFTP server to initially shove the .bin file to the MVP; I don't know if this is related to this. I'll be interested to see if anyone reports a similar experience.

Overall though, while not ready for primetime yet I am excited about this and can't wait for future refinements - mucho kudos to you!

Same problems here, in my case the tv does the autosensing, when I turn the mvp on it shows directly on tv. It locked up pretty quick, I managed to see the little video window but an extra click to go to the guide made it lock up completely. Took a few attempts to make it load the dongle.bin again, I think I had to restart recordingservice again.Probably I was just to hasty.
I tried it only briefly this weekend but noticed there was no volume control and it rebooted the MVP several times. I plan on testing it further and will post any other items I notice. Very impressive though for a first effort, looks like it could go far.
Quote:I tried it only briefly this weekend but noticed there was no volume control
The volume control should work, but it doesnt display any on screen graphic.
The behaviour I noticed was that it did work but all at once, for instance I hit volume down three times and it did not respond for a few seconds, then all of a sudden the volume changed as if the three keypresses were emptied from a cache. This was ove an MVP. I'll test it some more soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5