NextPVR Forums

Full Version: help with Twinhan DVB-T card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to get a TwinHan DVB-T card to work with gbpvr.
It works fine with the supplied software and after installing the latest BDA driver from their website it is recognised in the Capture source setting in the gbpvr config and is set Ok.
When I try to update EPG and then map digital channels I get the error message Microsoft MPEG2 demultiplexer is not available on your machine.
I am using the Cyberlink video decoder and audio decoder but the error message still comes up?
Anyone know where to get this file or if there is some other way to get it to work?
Tony.
:confused:
Try running the following and try again.

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax

For some reason the twinhan software seems to deregister this Microsoft component.
Thanks,
That did the trick.After reregistering it I was able to scan and map the channels.
I have found that gbpvr crashes when I try to view a HDTV channel but its OK when I view an SDTV channel.
Any ideas on this?
Yeah,
I tried HD on my twinhan DVB-T last night and got a lock up also (Version 0.9806 + AC3 patch)

My advise is unless you have a HD plasma or LCD just stick to SD for the moment.

GBPVR is brilliant at SD - HD support is still in its early days.

daza67 in Brisbane has been playing with some Australian HD. It seems the Ac3 audio may be presenting some challanges http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=13562

You have made a good move going away from the bundled Twinhan software - I found it very unreliable.