NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Questions about IR-Blaster Control.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

My (relevant) Configuration:
1 x eHome Infrared Receiver
1 x IR-Blaster Plugin-Cable (positioned about the IR-LED of my Set Top Box, and plugged in the second port of the eHome Infrared Receiver)
1 x MCE Remote V2 (WinTV PVR-500MCE Edition)

As far as good, now my Software-Configuration:
1 x WinTV PVR-500MCE
1 x Set Top Box from Pace (for digital Cable TV)

The STB is connected to the second S-Video IN of the PVR. The channel is assigned as AUX-2. I can see within GB-PVR without problems over the Set Top Box.

But for what is the IR-Blaster? I thought, if i teach GB-PVR from the CONFIG my STB-Remote, i could easily switch the STB on AUX-2 with my MCE-Remote? For what else is the learning?

At the Moment i have 5 Remotecontrols and aren't happy 'bout that. It would be very helpful if i could control the STB with my MCE Remote.

The GB-PVR Config could understand any Button of the STB-Remote. Configuration was done within seconds, but i did'nt understand for what it is.
Help? Someone with a step-by-step insruction ?
The built in IR Blaster functionality is for the learning the number keys and enter key of your set top box remote. GB-PVR will replay these IR signals when it needs to trick the set top box into changing channels.

If you need to do more than this, like switching TV inputs etc, you can also use HIP or Girder which allows much more complex activities.