NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pinnacle 300i correct drivers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to get gbpvr working on my pinnacle pctv 300i (as some of you probably know the software that come with it is utterly useless) but I can't seem to tune in any digital channels when I could tune in loads using the mediacentre software.

I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong drivers. Are the drivers that come with the card BDA drivers? or do I need to find them somewhere else.

Also just tried the mux checker and it says I don't have one installed. I have cyberlink power dvd 6 shouldn't that have one? If not where can I get one?

Thanks in advance

I'm using:
WinXP sp2
XMLTV
Nforce2 mboard
Athlon xp2400
1bg Ram
160Gb SATA
Quote:I have cyberlink power dvd 6 shouldn't that have one?
No, it doesnt.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=5...stcount=41
Thanks for that,

Well I tried it with the mux installed but now the channel scanner finds nothing at all, the other day it at least said it found the odd channel even though I couldn't see it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, this is what I did.

1) install gbpvr
2) add capture source
3) Select bda, goto recording source settings
4) Select card Pinncale 300i (if I tick the only show detected cards box the 300i is displayed)
5) I've tried setting the region (midlands/oxford) and also just letting it scan all channels
6) Set EPG source to xmltv, point it to my newly created xmltv.xml file
7) run update EPG so the xmltv list is displayed in the table
8) Map Channels
9) I run the scan but no channels are found

See anything obviously wrong there?

I've also downloaded and tried some other 300i drivers but the appear to be the same as what was installed the device in the hardware manager is

Pinnacle PCTV 300i Stereo DVB-T
Driver version 1.3.2.0

Getting really fed up with this card its a pile of crud, I hear those Nebula cards are good perhaps I'll ebay the pinnacle and get one of those instead. It can't possibly be any worse Sad
Nebula used to be ahead of the pack but not worth the price premuim in my view, this is coming from a nebula owner that uses the hacked BDA drivers with gbpvr over the supplied software