NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Specs For DVB-T Recording Box Only? (Not a viewer)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendatoins for the specs for a box for recording via a Nova-T. I would be using GBPVR as the frontend but would be doing no viewing of recordings or live TV whatsoever.

I'm thinking of a P3 1ghz might cut the mustard as it will just be recording the MPEG2 stream straight to disk (I think :o), but any thoughts are recommendations more than welcome before I hit ebay to grab some kit Smile
A P3 1ghz will be fine for just recording.
If you only want to record take a look at webscheduler to run the card.

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showforum=28
iangale Wrote:but any thoughts are recommendations more than welcome before I hit ebay to grab some kit Smile
The only thing I would say is that I found the auctions on Ebay for both Nova-T's and Hauppauge MVP's either so very close to retail or in some cases higher that although i'm an Ebay fan, I have bought 2 Nova-T's and 3 MVP's all retail.

Scan for example have MVP's at 41 quid plus postage. Ebay has a couple on right now at only a tenner less and the auctions haven't finished. At least with the new product you know where you are with warranty.

Similar for Nova-t's. If you want to make sure you've got the new one with the Connexant tuner then Savastore has them for a shade under 40 quid. I've seen them go on Ebay for near enough again to make me steer towards the new product for warranty "new" factor etc.

Your choice of course but just thought i'd give you a heads up in case you hadn't found the cheapest prices already.

David.