NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New NVIDIA PureVideo version - 1.02-196
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw that NVIDIA released a new version for their PureVideo decoder, 1.02-196.. it came out today (March 2)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder...trial.html

Looks like the big change is support for inverse telecine on HD material.. just thought I'd pass along the news.
Meh... These decoders look great but perform like crap when you enable the audio. At least they do on my HTPC. Maybe the next time around they will get it right.
I've had pretty good success using the Audio decoder, but I'm using my mobo's onboard nForce audio with an SPDIF receiver (and use the SPDIF passthrough option).. so maybe that makes a difference.

I love PureVideo because it's the only decoder for me that is nice and smooth.. anything else, and tickers are jerrrrrkyyyy.. maybe because of DXVA support?
sgilani Wrote:I've had pretty good success using the Audio decoder, but I'm using my mobo's onboard nForce audio with an SPDIF receiver (and use the SPDIF passthrough option).. so maybe that makes a difference.

I love PureVideo because it's the only decoder for me that is nice and smooth.. anything else, and tickers are jerrrrrkyyyy.. maybe because of DXVA support?

Many Programs use DxVA if you installed the Microsoft DxVA Patch.
Purevideo works great for me, even with audio enabled (except when playing DVDs, which I have to use the intervideo audio or I get no sound).

In fact, the Purevideo decoder is the only decoder I've tried that provides acceptable video quality in my system, all the rest have washed colors & more importantly, laggy, blurry action/movement (even on a 3.06 Northwood)
ShiningDragon Wrote:Many Programs use DxVA if you installed the Microsoft DxVA Patch.

I thought the DXVA Patch was only for turning on the hardware acceleration in Windows Media Player 10... what exactly does it do?
sgilani Wrote:I thought the DXVA Patch was only for turning on the hardware acceleration in Windows Media Player 10... what exactly does it do?

This i thought too, but after installing not only WMP10 had lesser CPU-Utilization. Some other Directshow Players used this Acceleration too.

I am not a programmer, so i can't describe this in detail.
ShiningDragon Wrote:This i thought too, but after installing not only WMP10 had lesser CPU-Utilization. Some other Directshow Players used this Acceleration too.

I am not a programmer, so i can't describe this in detail.

Awesome, I think I'll give it a try! thanks for the tip Smile
Does anyone know first-hand what happens with the decoder after the trial period has expired?
I uninstalled and reinstalled Purevideo within the trial period, but after reinstallation (it accepted the trial key again) it no longer worked at all. Using Graphedit I saw that it refused to connect to the renderer, so DirectX automatically tried the next highest priority decoder and used that instead.

I wanted to buy the decoder however nVidia online store does not sell outside of the US. I ended up searching the net for an alternative Smile