NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pinnacle PCTV 310i configuration problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I just downloaded gbpvr, and I have tried to get it to work with my PCTV 310i card I have (this card is a dual analog and DVB-T card).
I have managed to find the following information to use in the .ini files in order for the program to understand my card:

1) For the DVB-T tuner (dba.ini):
------------------------------------------------
Code:
[Pinnacle PCTV 310i PAL]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA DVBT Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=Pinnacle PCTV 310i Digital Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

2) For the analog tuner (direct.ini)
------------------------------------------------
Code:
[Pinnacle PCTV 310i PAL]
INIT_MODE=DEFAULT
INIT_MSP=0
SUPPORTS_FM_RADIO=1
FILTER_CROSSBAR=Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Analog Xbar
FILTER_CAPTURE=Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Analog Capture
FILTER_TV_TUNER=Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Analog TV Tuner
FILTER_TV_AUDIO=Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Analog TV Audio
PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_TUNER_IN=Video Tuner In
PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_VIDEO_OUT=Analog Video
PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_AUDIO_OUT=Analog Audio
PIN_TVAUDIO_TV_AUDIO_IN=TVAudio In
PIN_TVAUDIO_TV_AUDIO_OUT=TVAudio Out
PIN_CROSSBAR_AUDIO_TUNER_IN=Audio Tuner In
PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_DECODER_OUT=Video Decoder Out
PIN_CAPTURE_ANALOG_VIDEO_IN=Analog Video In
PIN_CROSSBAR_AUDIO_DECODER_OUT=Audio Decoder Out
PIN_CAPTURE_ANALOG_AUDIO_IN=Analog Audioinput
PIN_CAPTURE_CAPTURE_OUT=Capture
PIN_WRITER_INPUT_IN=Input

Well for the first part, DVB-T works great! Big Grin
The problem is the analog part (more important here in Greece - we only now started to have 4 DVB-T channels, all others are analog), where I cannot make it show anything in "LiveTV" (it keeps getting only a black image, even though the "Tuning Assistant" finds the channels OK!!! :confused:

I attach the corresponding log file (gbpvr.exe-native)... Wink

Thanks for any response...
Andrew
I'm guessing the analog portion of this card doesnt have the required MPEG2 decoder, so probably wont work with the built in stuff. It is failing before it gets that far though, something to do with audio routing in the crossbar. There is nothing really configurable that would help this.
Well, the problem I have just bought the card, so I am a little in the dark...

Firstly, I saw the error in the log, but shouldn't this only affect audio?

Secondly, if the software encoder is needed, whouldn't the tuning assistant need it also? How come it is working OK there?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply... Big Grin
Quote:Firstly, I saw the error in the log, but shouldn't this only affect audio?
There are two things going wrong.

1) The audio routing is not working. This could mean missing audio, or from some other source entirely
2) The MPEG2 Demultiplexer is sitting in the graph unconnected, since it was incompatible with the data coming from your capture card. This is what is ultimately stopping things from working.

Quote:Secondly, if the software encoder is needed, whouldn't the tuning assistant need it also?
The tuning assistant doesnt need the hardware encoder, but the actual application does. The tuning assistant is a very simple application, and doesnt need to do very much compared to the real application.
Thanks for all the help!

I'm starting to getting into it... Smile Unfortunatelly - and that's really important, since my PC is kind of old and slow - my card doesn't have a hardware mpeg encoder... Sad

So, I must find a way to use software encoding, it seems I want the Software Recorder plugin, I just read about, right? I'll check it to see what I can get...

Thanks again for the info and congratulations for a great software! Cool
Quote:So, I must find a way to use software encoding, it seems I want the Software Recorder plugin, I just read about, right? I'll check it to see what I can get...
Yes, thats your only real chance of getting the analog side of this device working.