NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ordered usb-uirt... what do i need to do to "prepare"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well yeah.... is it as simple as plug it in.. select it as channel changer and press some buttons on the remote? Im using hauppuage remote as main remote..and im going to be "learning" a dish remote...

Thanks zach
yeah it pretty much is. I had to go the same path since my cable box wasn't known to the Hauupauge blaster.

Oh and if you've got an old IR receiver arround (I have one from a LeadTek win2000 blah blah) you can use it as a blaster extention out the back of the URB-UIRT. Much smaller than sticking the UIRT infront of your cable box.

Found it works well to transmitting, did try receiving as well, but found it a bit too sensitive...would hit the up button and sometimes it would move twice or three times.
I shaved my head so the neural transmitters could make a better contact. Cut down my channel-change time by 0.3sec.
lol...
I used mine w/ girder just so I could use a cpl of buttons on the haup 45 remote to turn on/off the tv and reciever. I still use the normal ir receiver for GB. I used girder for this, and while not the friendliest SW, it works as adverised. The UIRT has been a champ.

I did try out the UIRT in GB, and that was a snap. I still use the 150 IR only because I have some custom functions in the irremote file I want to keep.
One suggestion for the USB-UIRT and GBPVR. Take some time to make sure the IR learning is 100% accurate.

For whatever reason I had trouble getting all the digits "learned" correctly. It may have been because my remote was a bit scuffed in the front plastic where the IR emitter was located. Whatever the case, I found that some digits didn't seem to get transmitted properly when changing channels, so the channel change would get screwed up and I'd record something I didn't intend. I came to the conclusion it wasn't gbpvr but the learned codes I'd recorded when I initialized the USB-UIRT for use with it. I fixed this by painstakingly going through learning process repeatedly and then testing all digits interactively with Live TV.

It took a few learning sessions but eventually I managed to learn all the digits successfully and it worked like a champ from then on.
Hmm Well all is working.. Took me a little while to figure out how to posisition the remote for gbpvr to learn it.. Only one problem.. I can turn to 4 digit channels..but i can not enter them with the remote.. I think read that its a limitation of gbpvr
Does your dish have a rf2Link on it? (Sky boxes do on the 2nd tv out) If so you can get one of these
http://www.pacelink.co.uk/rf2link.htm
I have done this and it removes the need to have the usbuirt infront of the Sat box. Big Grin
well i have an external ir emiter hooked up to the usb uirt...so its no big deal
psycik Wrote:Found it works well to transmitting, did try receiving as well, but found it a bit too sensitive...would hit the up button and sometimes it would move twice or three times.

I have also started noticing this. Mostly with the OK button. Maybe I should try to remapp that button, and maybe I have just been noticing it with that particular button when it in fact is all buttons... will have to do some more testing.
Pages: 1 2