NextPVR Forums

Full Version: The pvr-150 (1045) phased out & replaced?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to check out if there was a warrenty on the Haup site (I thought it has a 1yr agreement), and decided to checjk out their store. There was the 150 MCE 7 IP, but no 1045 model.

http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware.asp

Instead, for the same price and w/ the same remote, there was something called the 401. It looks like the 150, improved.

The WinTV model 401 package includes:

WinTV model 401 PCI bus card with 125 channel cable ready TV tuner
FM radio antenna
Audio cable for connection to sound card
Remote control
i did not hear or see anything about a phase out of the 150.... but even if it is the case, the 401 is not a replacement, since it does not have a hardwarde encoder (hauppauge is calling this... err... feature 'softpvr').
It loks like it does, in so many words. It wasn't on the feature list, but this pretty much comes out and says it in the description:

"WinTV processes the video without requiring help from your PC's CPU, so your computer continues to run at full speed while WinTV is operating."

It looks like they just combined the 150 remote & FM models into one, and really nothing else. If it isn't a replacement, why isn't Hauppauge selling the pvr-150 1045 on their own site?
no im 'slightly confused' (<-- well this is normal for me)

the board itself really looks like as if it has the conexant mpeg II encoder chip on it...

but still, the requirements are: PC with Pentium processor (90MHz minimum recommended)(500MHz for SoftPVR)

may be they mixed up some content and buzzwords from their marketing-database :-)
I did some more searchign, and it almost looks like the 401 was an old model:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...SQodvyqL8g

What I see is the pvr-150, w/ FM and the old 30 button remote.

I wonder if they are reinventing the 401, and letting the 150 become a MCE-specific model.
I also thinking if this is true, this is good news in two ways.

- Hopefully some HW fixes to the 150, and the bonus of getting the FM now
or, if you don't need the FM
- A chance to snag a current 150 45 at a clearance price if they are in fact switching over.
The WinTV 401 is NOT a hardware encoder card... The WinTV-PVR series cards have hardware encoders.

The connexant chip on the WinTV cards is (the connexant equivilent of) a BT878 digitizer chip.

As for the WinTV-PVR 150... there are several different models. The model 1045 and 1047 are the retail versions, 1062 and 232 are the media center kit, 1042 (with FM) and 245 (no FM) are the OEM cards. There are multiple revisions of each card.
The point was the 150 1045 is not for sale on the Haup site, but for the same price, and also including the FM, you can get the 401. Still wondering if they are rolling up the 150 into two cards (45 remote/FM and MCE).

http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware.asp

cybrmage Wrote:As for the WinTV-PVR 150... there are several different models. The model 1045 and 1047 are the retail versions, 1062 and 232 are the media center kit, 1042 (with FM) and 245 (no FM) are the OEM cards. There are multiple revisions of each card.