NextPVR Forums

Full Version: A Couple of New Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi All....

I just thought I'd announce a few new pages in the wiki. Please feel free to comment on them, and perhaps suggest corrections and omissions...

Update to 'Batch Files'

Introduction to Batch Files

Different MCE Remotes

Have fun

Frank
zehd Wrote:Different MCE Remotes Frank

Damn! I would have to be different. looks like I have a type 2A.

I wonder if this is why my coloured buttons don't work.
I've got the same MCE2005 remote as wannabepvr.

Quote:I wonder if this is why my coloured buttons don't work.
They work for me. When you try the coloured buttons, do you get some messages in GBPVR.exe.log starting with either "Received WM_INPUT:" or "Received WM_APPCOMMAND:"? If so, let me know what codes exactly it is logging.
There is also the very common 34 button remote, which is probably worth adding. It was sold with nearly every PVR250/350, and large percentage of the MVPs.

...although I guess its not an MCE remote, but neither is the 45 button remote on the right hand side of the page.
zehd, I've updated the page to say the MCE2004 and MCE2005 remotes are directly supported. I use both of these remotes almost daily with GB-PVR, and they work well without needing HIP or Girder.
zehd Wrote:I just thought I'd announce a few new pages in the wiki. Please feel free to comment on them, and perhaps suggest corrections and omissions...

You might mention that several of the utilities come with sample batch files. You may also want to consider putting up some empty batch files (maybe with some comments) as templates. This could help the more timid get going.

I also thought the last sentence on the preprocessing.bat description sounded a bit harsh. Either the original developer or one of his users saw or had a need for it.
Frank,

This
"you must edit the ‘ComSkip.ini’ with live_tv=1."
is not true.
"you must edit the ‘ComSkip.ini’ with live_tv=1 when you want comskip to write the list of commercials during the recording as soon as they are found."
If you need the list of commercials only to be available after the total recording finishes its better NOT to use live_tv=1 because then disk traffic will be lower.
sub Wrote:When you try the coloured buttons, do you get some messages in GBPVR.exe.log starting with either "Received WM_INPUT:" or "Received WM_APPCOMMAND:"? If so, let me know what codes exactly it is logging.

I'll check tonight. I have really only tried them in the video achive plug in.
sub Wrote:There is also the very common 34 button remote, which is probably worth adding. It was sold with nearly every PVR250/350, and large percentage of the MVPs.

...although I guess its not an MCE remote, but neither is the 45 button remote on the right hand side of the page.

You may be right. I should probably get rid of the 45 button remote, and add in the MCE remote version 2a ? that you and WannbePVR mentioned earlier in the thread...

What I might do is put the 45 and 34 button remotes on a separate page. But I wasn't really trying to go 'RA RA Hauppauge.' There are so many other remotes out there, I'm sure I would not do them all fairly. The purpose of the page was to compare the different MCE remotes...

Thanks to all

Frank
wannabepvr Wrote:Damn! I would have to be different. looks like I have a type 2A.

I wonder if this is why my coloured buttons don't work.

Snagged the Pic and am Updating the page. Thanks

PS: Wannabe / Sub. Did this remote ensemble come with one IR Blaster or Two? Batteries?
Pages: 1 2 3