NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No Audio and Recording with Kworld ATSC 110 HDTV card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just bought Kworld 110 card yesterday at Fry's and have been setting it up all night.

The problem is I can't get audio via liveTV thur GBPVR. But I can w/ the bundle ByondTV3.

1) I followed one of the hints to install AC3Filter. Select AC3Filter in CONFIG -> Audio Decoder. Tried differen CONFIG -> Audio Renderer options such as System Default, Cyberlink Audio Renderer, SoundMax, DirectSOund Sound max, etc. But nothing works. Please help!

Also, tried http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Nimo_Codec_Pack.htm
and K-Lite Codeec Standard: Klcodec253f.

2) Recording crash - One of the posts mentioned to have Cyberlink multiplexer in order for recording to work. Is this required for HDTV? I've had recording done on my Hauppauge150 before.
Where can I download this? Google serach took me to those above 2 codec downloads, but they didn't help with the recording problem either.
DBA Mux checker still shows 0 mux installed on system.
My PC is running MCE 2005 SP2 so shouldn't MS DVR-M be already a part of it (according to the checker msg)

System is Dell GX 260
MCE 2005 SP2
P4 2.4 Ghz
512 MB RAM
EVGA Ge-Force FX 5500 128MB RAM
Kworld ATSC
GBPVR v0.96.12
I've been struggling with the KWorld ATSC 110. I have the latest drivers installed which are available from the Taiwan web site. The US web site has older drivers available. GBPVR happily records to .dvr-ms files which play great in Windows Media Player, but are not useful to my MVP or DSM-320.

I've found and installed the Cyberlink MUX filters and they display in the Muxchecker program. I've replace the nativeutilities file with the patch provided by Sub. Sometimes GBPVR will record to .mpg, usually when I restart the recording service while a show is recording; so I know it can work. Most of the time I get 0 length files. Also, while I have the cyberlinks MUX installed my .dvr-ms files often stop at 6 bytes. I may have a conflict with other filters on my system.

Has anyone successfully set up the ATSC 110 under GBPRV to generate .mpg files on a regular basis?