NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Question for someone w/ more experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m curious; currently I have a PVR 350, w/ Comcast cable (A/B cable @ that)… I’ve got everything working (works great by the way)… But I hope to get a dish, now I know it can be done from googleing around, there isn’t a lot of info floating around on this… Am I correct in thinking that my biggest issue is configuring the IR blaster, or am I missing something? Here’s my specs for the hell of it:

Mobo: MSI PM8M-V
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.9 GHz
Mem: 768MB
HD’s: 1;40GB for System, and 1;250GB for Videos
Case: Aspire X-Qpack Micro Tower (Cube)
PVR Card: Hauppauge PVR 350
Quote:Am I correct in thinking that my biggest issue is configuring the IR blaster, or am I missing something?
Its usually not a big issue, but yes you'll need an IR Blaster to control a set top satellite box.
Thanks
I presume that an IR Blaster is required to use a set top box with the PVR 350, but a DVB card of some kind can tune the satellite channels directly?

I also have Comcast but want to switch to DirecTV or Dish network. I would also like to record HDTV channels from the dish. I presume I will need a DVB card that is HDTV capable. Anyone have a recommendation?
You wont be able to record Directv or Dish Network with a DVB card. You'll need to use a set top box and IR Blaster.