NextPVR Forums

Full Version: I have a Video card question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had InterVideo software that came with my computer, I never liked it much to begin with. It got really buggy and then quit working all together (seemed to be software related). My question is this, I have an ASUS (TV)7133 video card, and gbpvr can't find it. It is there and it is working properly, but I can't seem to point gbpvr to it! I feel like I have tried everything, and I can't seem to find any info on that spacific card here on these forums. The one post that mentions it is extremely vague.

Does anyone have any advice? Is this vid card gonna work for me?
Thanks in advance!
-Logan
It's because have a software encoder card thus not natively supported check out the wdm encoder plug in http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=2753 . By the way its a tv card as a video card is generally relates to a graphics card.
I guess I forgot to mention that I don't know anything about any of this...

What is WDM? I checked out that thread and I think I got even more confused I didn't see anything I recognized.

Does this mean I need a new card? Or can I download a "wdm encoder" to solve my problem?

I really am sorry if I am frusterating everyone, I learn fast but I don't know much about this stuff!

I'd really just like to use the card I have.

Thanks again for the help!!

-Logan

p.s. thanks for the clarification of video vs tv cards...
The "problem" with your card is that it doesn't have hardware mpg compression. This is not a problem per se, but GBPVR only supports cards with Hardware compression.

That said, a plugin (called SoftwareRecorder) has been written (by normanr) to get cards withouth HW compression to work with GBPVR. It is a third party plugin, which means that the developer of GBPVR (sub) has nothing to do with it, so he can probably not help. Only those who have used the plugin can help, probably.

My guess is that you will either have to buy a new card, or try to read the above forum thread, and try to read up enough to understand it, or ask in that specific thread for help.

Hope you'll get it to work, because GBPVR is worth it Wink

Good luck!