NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR-500MCE or two PVR-150MCE's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Windows XP Home Edition/SP2, and want to use GBPVR to record two TV shows at the same time. I'll strictly be recording, and won't be watching live TV. So I don't need a remote.

I do listen to FM radio on my PC a lot, so that's important to me (though I can keep my current tuner card just for radio if needed).

Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether to get a PVR-500MCE or two PVR-150MCE's.

Obviously, I like the idea of only using a single PCI slot for the TV tuners, but I'm curious what other advantages/disadvantages the PVR-500 has over the PVR-150's?

Which work best with GBPVR?

How does the picture quality compare between the two cards?

Thanks,

Anthony
I thought the main advantage of the PVR500 is not having to split the input signal before giving it to the card.
Both cards use the same drivers. I went from the 350 to the 500 and won't look back. Maybe, just maybe, the 350 had a slightly better picture quality. I would think you also might use less system resources with one card compared to 2.
I have both cards in my setup, I see no difference in quality. The main advantage to the 500 is you are getting 2 tuners in one pci-slot, and only have to have one cable hook up to feed both . GBPVR handles all 3 tuners with no problem. I would get the 500.
> I would get the 500

It's ordered and should be here Thursday. Thanks for the feedback!

Anthony