NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to connect HTPC to UK TV with scart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I am planning on building a HTPC but not sure how it will connect to my 32" CRT TV. It has only SCART sockets (3) at the back.

Do I use a SCART adapter to combine the video with sound from the HTPC?

Thanks.
Probably need an s-video audio l/r -> scart adapter. Depends on your graphics cards tv-out.
Thanks for the reply.

I plan to use a GigaByte 6600GT card with s-video out on the card. My system board also has a "tv-out" connector on it which looks like a phono connector. Can I use this instead?

Thanks.
The tvout on the g.card will prob be better quality.

Is the "phono" connector yellow? That's normamlly "video-in".
Thats composite, it will be yellow? S-video would be better. Most decent electrical retailers will stock the converter McBain refered to for about £10, i used it without problems, quality was fine
US site but some good pics and videos of cables/connectors here.

Some scart info and a pic of the s-video to scart adapter here.

The black -> red/white cables carry the (stereo) sound from your sound card to the scart cable.
Yes the "tv-out" on the system board is yellow.

Thanks.
try http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcabl...=Kits.html, not used them myself but I believe a few over tv-cards.com have.
Thanks for the link herbs.

I've noticed that the scart adapter has an input/output button. Do you know what this is for?

Thanks.
Scart leads support signals in both directions and a switched adapter can be used for input or output purposes.
I have used tvcables.co.uk and can definitely recommend them.
ArfurAnt
Pages: 1 2