NextPVR Forums

Full Version: aldi tevion dvb-t 100 2 card problem (not fixed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Either one works on its own, but install two and one of them (either in position 2) and it wont scan/tune.

I'm guessing but maybe the 'device' number is not making it through, but then I would expect card2 tuning commands to tune card1, and thats not happening.

also GBPR if recording from card 1, then I click live tv, says I can 'not watch live tv' or 'watch what I'm recording', as though the 2nd card is not installed.

That may be user error on my part, or due to the fact that I cant map channels to card 2 as I cant get it to find any when it scans.

Can I be naughty and copy the card1 channel mappings to card2 so that gbpvr will try to tune a channel without the scan procedure? I know thats not the right way to go about this, but it would help me do some investigation into this, by seeing if its just the scan thats failing or tuning.
I had a look in the folder for ini files but found no channel mappings to butcher.

<edit> forget the channel mapping butchery, just found in another post its a tad dikifult.

I'l keep trying random things till I hit paydirt.

<edit2>
ok I tried this....

Setting both capture devices (mycard1 and mycard2) to a device number of 1, then editing the channel mappings for card 2, scan brought up all the channels using (hw)card 1, then I pressed ok and quit config, re-ran config and changed ID back to 2, quit config, re-ran config to make sure it all looked ok, so good so far, seemd to have tricked it into using card 1 to set up channel mappings for card 2.

ran GBPVR, it now sees 2 cards and I can record off 1 and try to watch live TV off card 2, but no I get a blank screen.........

So, I have either failed in my setting up of a fake channel map, OR, two cards is not looking good........
Do you know for sure your drivers support two cards in the one process. Some dont.
no I dont, so its looking like they dont............

But I did find in the cd's driver directory all the inf files, all have conexant 2003 in them, and a few have the word 'digigo' so thats answered where that came form.

going to try the ones of the unisuport site now.
Ok hours later............

No go on any driver I have tried, but I have noticed some odd behaviour that has got to be a driver issue, here goes..

With two cards in and no antenna connected when scanning both cards report no signal strength and no channels.

With an aerial on card 2, both cards scan and say no signals no channels.

With an aerial on card 1, both cards report signal strengths and quality, but only card 1 finds channels, card 2 saying no channels found.

So, guessing here, one part of the driver set is working (the channel decoding part) and communicating with both cards as it should, but the driver that handles tuning is talking to card 1 all the time.

So its half fixed!