NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hardware Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a DVico FusionHDTV5 Gold USB analog and digital tuner.

Is there/will there be support for this device in GBPVR?

IF there is support, how do I get it to work?

Also, there is a remote that comes with it I would like to use with GB PVR as well.

Thanks!

Greg
- Conexant Fusion878A drivers
- Dvico's own tuner driver
- Dvico's own full software HDTV decoder
- Dvico's own DxVA software HDTV decoder

Would that be a bt 878 ?

you need someone who knows these things better than me I just pulled that from the website but I've seen 878 mentioned alot on the web, seems to be well used and popular
wintermute if you card has BDA drivers then it's likely the digital side of the card will work with minor adjustments to the bda.ini file. You will have to use graphedit, I believe there is a page on wiki on how to use it.
Wups! Sorry guys. I wasn't very clear.

I have the DVico FusionHDTV5 Gold USB and I am currently using the supplied software suite successfully for video capture, OTA analog and digital broadcast viewing and recording.
I am interested in using the GBPVR for the commercial skipping and cleaning functions that are in it/can be added to it via comskip and comclean.
My device is not listed in the sources list for video capture and/or tuner options.
It does use a BDA driver.
I have NO idea how to use graphedit.

Help?
lol thats how I felt 2 days ago!

if you download the (graphedit)zip and run sysenum out of it and click capture drivers, it will list the (correct)name of your capture driver, you must get the spelling/upper/lower case spot on.

Thats a problem I had, the name of the capture driver in device manager was NOTHING like the name it called itself to the system
Ahem....I felt like such a dufus when I saw my problem. GBPVR will work AND detect things much better with I have my USB device PLUGGED IN!
Argh!
So, it detected the tuner just fine. Off to other configuration issues and the learning curve continues.

Thanks for your input guys.