NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MCE 2005 Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently broke my 45-button Hauppauge remote (long story), and i have been eyeing the MCE 2005 remote. If i get this, on an XP Home SP2 computer, will it just work with GBPVR with no configuration?
I reinstalled my box recently and tried to run XP Home and could not get the stupid remote to recognize. There is a set of drivers for it out there that make is work natively with HiP but I didn't want to mess with that, so I went back to XP Pro SP2 and it works just fine that route. If you do run it with XP Pro you will find everyone works slick as heck with GBPVR, and I only use Girder to map the "green button" to launch and the * key to work as F7. Otherwise everything else works and works slick.
I got it working in XP home by copying the needed files from XPPro. It will work just fine.

I cant remember what the files are right now but let me know if you need them I'll check the file names.
Alright, thanks. I'm probably gonna one real soon here, as I'm having quite a hard time with my wireless mouse from 15 ft. away.