NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Using USB-UIRT as remote reciever instead of hauppauge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to do this because usb uirt flashes when it recieves a command..and it seems to work better..The hauppuage one is really picky at picking up my remote.. Anyone do this... would i have to use HIP or girder?
I've tried it. Didn't have a great amount of success, found the USB uirt too sensitive, hit the down button for a millisecond too long and it moves twice.

But in saying that I was just using the default UIRT receiving, not going through Girder, which you can do apparently.
It works good..but a few remote buttons dont work right... is there anyway i can load up the actual files from a hauppague 45 button remote instead of learning them? Like mute is coming up as channel down.. prev channel doesnt do anything..
I don't think there is. Because I think sub has got his own way of talking to it, so therefore he has (I'm guessing) his own file layout and own way of storing the remote codes.
None of these IR devices work the same way. The Hauppauge is hard coded to deal with the specific RC5 codes generated by the Hauppauge remotes. The USB-UIRT data is very different, since it copes with generic IR signals, that arent always RC5.
Quote:Like mute is coming up as channel down.. prev channel doesnt do anything..
Just sounds like your need to relearn those buttons.
I've relearned them like 5 times... makes no differnce... i have to press up twice for it to do antying

owell
I dont know then. Works fine here.