NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Looking for hardware reccomendations for an Evo 510
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I decided to build a PVR, I got a great deal on a Compaq Evo 510.. I've seen others on here using the same system - it's essentially a very compact P4 system with limited expandability. I recently upgraded the CD-ROM to a DVD-ROM and after discussing with "sub", have realised that I probably need to upgrade a couple more things before I get it working exactly the way I want..

What I would like:

- PVR functionality (have this with current setup)
- LiveTV
- Ability to play DVD's with audio going through my stereo for 5.1 surround.

I already have the PVR-350 for a capture card and had been using it for the output as well, but the output doesn't support DVD playback so I'm going to be adding a new graphic card that supports TV-out. My system has limited expansion capability and the card must be PCI. I'd like something that supports S-Video at least and can handle the load being thrown at it.. and, of course, for the lowest price!

Any suggestions?

For audio, I'm going to have to start looking into USB devices as there is only one expansion slot left and that will be taken by the new graphics card.. any suggestions there? I would like something that has optical out for going to the stereo and that will allow me to have my Amp do all of the 5.1 conversions.. nor sure of all the technical details here.

Thanks!
Andrew
Anyone have any experience with this USB sound card? Price looks right and to me, it looks like it does what I'm looking for...

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products...advantage/