NextPVR Forums

Full Version: brightness problems with WinTV-150 and MediaMVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks.

Does anybody have a procedure for increasing the brightness of the image produced by the MediaMVP? Using "normal" settings, it's too dark.

I've worked around the problem by increasing the brightness of the image produced by my WinPVR-150, but if I then watch video on my computer, it's way too bright and washed out.

Thanks!
I've noticed it when watching LiveTV, but I tweaked the setting on the TV a touch and it looks fine.
mrfeh Wrote:Hi folks.

Does anybody have a procedure for increasing the brightness of the image produced by the MediaMVP? Using "normal" settings, it's too dark.
Thanks!

In the gbpvr directory is a file direct.ini where you can adjust settings like brightness, color, ... By default they have the value of AUTO, which means they take the setting from the tv card, but you could give them any value between 0 & 100.
Don't forget to restart the computer after changing one of the settings.
Starting with a setting of 75 is often a good guess.
I think this is a juggle act between the MVP and computer. I think you have to pick the one you use most and adjust the brightness for it.
mrfeh Wrote:Hi folks.

I've worked around the problem by increasing the brightness of the image produced by my WinPVR-150, but if I then watch video on my computer, it's way too bright and washed out.

Thanks!

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to change the brightness setting of the mpv.
From my understanding the mpv video output is substantially out of spec, and remains un-fixed with the un-released wireless version.
direct.ini changes capture settings only, and you do not need to reboot or even restart the recording service for the changes to take affect.
I remember not restarting gave me very funny results.