NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Working multiple PVR 150 setup.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have spent ALOT of time trying to sort out all the problems of the PVR 150, getting it working in a Single card configuration was easy and had no problems. But I added the 2nd card things started to fall to pieces. I have searched the forums to find any help but they did not seem to help.

This is what I did to get mine working......

The drivers I am using are :-
Driver Release 2.0.43.24054.PreRelease (02/23/06)

1) Run HCWCLEAR
2) Reboot
3) Cancel the new hardware install.
4) Run HCWCLEAR
5) Switch off
6) Remove all the PVR 150 cards except 1.
7) Power on.
8) At the new hardware detected point it at the 2.0.43.24054.PreRelease (02/23/06) Drivers.
9) Reboot when done.
10) Get GBPVR working with one card. (I am using OVERLAY for a bit as that takes less memory)
11) Switch Off
12) Put in the next card.
13) Go to Step 7!!!!

I am posting here so others wont have to go through the PAIN I did.

The only problem is that on the analogue channels it starts off fuzzy then "tunes in" any one got an idea to what that is?

Dave
Thanks for your post. I assume you had lots of trial and error, based on your other post. Before you reached this solution what driver versions did you try? And what was your result?

For instance, I tried the previous set of drivers on a single card. I had it up and working but when I added the second card it had no audio, then shortly after that, audio and video. I ripped those drivers out and tried something a little older. Still had problems. Finally I tried driver version 2.0.24.23035 w/ Tipstir's suggeston and it worked. I get audio and video on both cards.

I'm still having some strange issues, like no sound on one card or the other right after boot up. A channel change seems to restore the sound (live TV) or stop and restart of a recording will get it back. I'm pretty sure my problems are driver related, so I'm very interested in your success in getting it working.

Do you use MVP's or a client/server setup with yoru GBPVR?
The issues that I have had are, no picture and sound on the new card, and also jumpy/stutter pictures.

I also use GBPVR on one box and no MPVs.

DAVE
So you are saying that will fix the "Tuning" problem?
I had a problem trying to run a PVR500MCE along side a PVR150 (PVR500 installed first).

When I installed the PVR150 - I could not get it to work at all. Couldn't recognise the stream. Got sound not picture - got picture - no sound ect ect.

Anyway. Pulled all the cards out of the system used HWCLEAR and started again.

I also made sure this time around I installed the drivers fro each tuner manually through the Device Manager & Update Driver function.

Once I did this - bam - Lovely working system with 3 tuners.
Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but where do I find HWCLEAR ?
It is an exe on the Hauppauge Disk that comes with your Tuner card.

If you dont have the disk - you can download it from their web site.
A_Brass, mine does that trick of no sound after a reboot till you change channels. You are not alone!

I have just added a 150MCE into my setup which already had a 150. Must say it added pretty easily much to my surprise! I just let XP discover the new hardware and pointed it to the dvr I was using on the 150. Seemed to want to try twice but then everything worked fine.

A question, though, for multiple card owners. Is there a simple way of checking a specific card. I need to check them out after a reboot (see above). To 'get at' the second card I could start a recording to occupy the first card then check the second card with LiveTV I suppose. Unless there is a better way....
Quote:To 'get at' the second card I could start a recording to occupy the first card then check the second card with LiveTV I suppose.
Thats what most people do.