NextPVR Forums

Full Version: To TV Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

OK, I'll admit it :confused: I am a newbie with this PVR stuff, but I was going to build a MythTV box, until I found this software, but I have a question. I see lots of card to encoding the video in to your PC, but what cards are people using to play the final video out to the TV.

I see that the Hauppauge PVR-350 has video out, but what other cards are people using to get the video from the PC to the TV.

Thanks much!

Jim
Hi,

Look at this post:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=10173

you could also search for video + card

This question is asked quite a lot... I am also guilty.
Thanks for the link, I searched for 'line to tv' and 'to tv' and didn't find much.

Thanks again.
search for a video card with TV out

I have a Nvidia 6200 with S-Video out and it works great, they are around $70.
Don't get the PVR-350 if you like it for the TV out, it's just not worth it since it's use is so limited.

Nvidia 6200 is an excellent choice.. right now, I actually have a lower-end card, the Nvidia fx5200 with the TV out going to a 27" tv. Works great, picture quality is nice and sharp, vivid colors.. you honestly cannot tell it's coming from a computer.. although your MPEG2 decoders are quite influential in picture quality. (I'm using the Nvidia purevideo decoders, CPU load stays around 30% on an Athlon XP 2500+ w/ 512mb ddr)

Just get yourself a nice video card with an SVideo out (dont settle for a composite RCA output, SVideo is far better).. you wont be disappointed, and you'll wonder how you lived without GBPVR for so long.. I sure do Smile