NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Realtime DVD Playback on the MVP Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys,

while experimenting with gbpvr i've noticed as others have that the dvd plugin isn't availible on the mvp and dvd playback isn't possible. Hopefully not for much longer!

I'm currently sitting on the sofa with my laptop writing this while watching a dvd through my mvp that is being streamed from a dvd in the dvd-rom in my server in sudo-realtime.

If anyone's interested ill write up my findings and hopefully in the future possibly with some help write a plugin allowing dvd playback on the mvp.

Look out for a little demo app im hoping to write in the next couple of days if i've got a couple of free minutes.
I am definitely interested!
how are you transcoding it? there's already a plugin called xdvd on the wiki that does that..Smile [using vlc or mencoder]
do you have menu access?
hey guys,

i've managed to write a small application to preview the basic functionallity of the plugin i hope to write.

to try it you need to have dvd decrypter installed which can be found on google and ffmpeg with comes with gbpvr.

ive attached the exe of the application to this post but it wouldn't let my attach the dependancies. If you need them they're availible at: http://www.superior-web-design.co.uk/MVPDVD Demo.zip or i can email them to you if u like.

If you try it please let me know how it goes, if it seems to work ill make it into a proper plugin.
I will try it when I get home this evening and report my findings.
The ability to watch ripped DVDs stored on hard drive in near real time already exists with the XDVD plugin, although this has the limitation that it does not allow interaction with DVD menus.

Does you proposed plugin have this functionality?

I shall eagerly test your posted demonstrator exe tomorrow morning.

Many thanks,

Tristan
And *please* don't forget us pvr350 users who use the tv-out from that card! I suppose that when it can work for the mvp, it can easily be adopted to run on the pvr350!

Thanks in advance,
MaBo