NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sapphire Theatrix 550 and 5.1 audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all - a thank you to all who responded to my earlier thread (a couple months ago, now happily buried).

In the interim, I have purchased a shiny new computer dedicated to gbpvr, wrote a baby plugin, and have enjoyed much commercial skipping. While I still have video tweaking to do, my most immediate concern is audio.

Specifically, 5.1 audio.

Which is to say - is it even possible for me to get it, given the capture card that I am using (the Sapphire Theatrix 550 mentioned above).

My knowledge of 5.1 encoding is pretty close to zero, and my Googling so far has done little to improve it.

So, my question to those that know better: Is 5.1 audio a possibility for me, given my current hardware? Or does the 550 capture stereo only, and I should just give up on the 5.1 and move on?

If it is a matter of getting the decoding right, I'll keep working at it. But I don't see much point in spending a whole lot of time trying to decode an audio stream that isn't there in the first place.

As always, thank you for any light you can shed!
Its not possible to capture with 5.1 audio, but you can playback video with 5.1 you sourced from elsewhere.
Thank you!

A weight has been lifted. I wish I would have asked a week ago instead of reading through countless posts scattered around the world. I can now turn my attention to other thanks, like IR blasters.

Thank you again!