NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What to upgrade to cure no live tv problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been trying to set up GBPVR on the cheap, but I just cant get live tv to work. I can hear it, but see no picture. I can see the tiny picture when setting up the digital channel mapping in config.

Current Spec is:
Asus Terminator P-III Barebones Motherboard
P3 1Ghz (As Fast as it will take)
256Mb RAM (Got another 256 coming to take it to the 512Mb)
Hauppauge Nova T PCI (90002)
Onboard SiS Graphics, upgrade options limited to old PCI slot.

Also got Hauppauge MVP, makes no difference whether through this or not.

So my question is, would a graphics card or more memory get live tv working right, or should I admit defeat and just use it as pvr and playback box.
It doesnt sound hardware related. It'd guess its related to the combination of decoders installed on your machine.

Try using live tv, then zip and attach your logs and I'll take a look.

Quote:Onboard SiS Graphics, upgrade options limited to old PCI slot.
You may also want to try switching to Overlay instead of Overlay.
Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry I didnt try something so simple as changing the decoder settings

Switching to Overlay Manager or VMR7 gets LiveTV to work on the PC, but it still wont work on the MVP.

When going onto LiveTV on the MVP, the screen goes black, it will flash a green and white play button in the top right corner a few times, then flash a stop button, then quits back to the GBPVR Menu.

If the system requirements are more when using an MVP I understand and will get a PCI TV-out card, but if possible, it would be nice to use the MVP.
Aha, reading up on the wiki, think its a mux im missing, will report back when Ive tried that.