NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Wierdness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been trying to get my MVP working, and it's almost there. I can get the GBPVR menu to show, I can navigate through it's menus, watch recordings, watch liveTV, and change channels.

The problem is it screen blacks out when the recoding is finished or I press "Back" on the remote. If I then press TV I get live TV, but the only way to get the GBPVR menus back is to cycle the power on the MVP. Hard or by using the green power button on the remote.

It doesn't matter what image I use, dongle or gbmvp.bin I have the same results.

It also seems to me that the guide is offset to far down on the screen.

I've updated to the latest release version of the MVP software & copied the dongle.bin into the correct dir, unplugging it to make sure it loaded. This had no effect.

I've also made sure the services were stopped and I've used the stop.bat file provided for good measure.

I give... what did I do wrong?

Cheers!
Bit more info, if I let it go for a couple minutes I get a green box in the upper right hand cornerned with what looks to be a simple network diagram and a red X through it.

I'm guessing this means it lost it's network connection. When this happens the remote is useless & I have to unpluge the MVP.

Cheers!
Hi, I'm just guessing here, but what kind of specs does your PVR machine have and are you connected via wireless or wired. Are you using a plugin for watching the recording? I sometimes get the black screen after watching a recording, I use XRecord, but after pressing the menu button it goes back to the main menu and I get full control. If not, I do what you do, I turn the MVP off and wait a couple of seconds then restarts. This refreshes the GBPVR mvp service in my PVR. It might be your PVR machine is a bit slow in processing or a slow network? If you are doing it wireless, maybe something is conflicting with the radio frequency, a 2.5ghz cordless would do this, changing frequencies might help.

Hope this helps you.
I was using Xrecord, but I've been experiencing a duplicate problem. I may not have completely removed Xrecord & all it's related files however. I'll double check that.

I decided to keep to the basics until I get everthing sorted out.

It could be the network, I'll borrow a different cable from the office, the 50' one I'm using isn't that far from retirement, but it's not causing problems in other apps including world of warcraft. (WoW is pretty sensitive to network issues). Still it's worth a shot. I'm also looking to replace my router with a wireless G router, just not this pay. The linksys I'm currently using needs to be reset more frequently than I'm happy with. The problem is more with DHCP than connections though, once it's got it's required kick in the pants it serves out IPs again.

The computer hosting my pvr & mvp is an sus A8N-SLI Deluxe, RAID0 (2x250GB). I believe the CPU is an AMD64 3200, but I'd need to double check that once I'm back home. I'm a programmer, I have a few boxes, sorry I don't recall exact configs as well as I used to. Anyway the cpu isn't much of a slouch & that box should have 1G of RAM.

I'm starting to suspect I've created my own problems however. I set up GBPVR without any hardware to check it out before I bought the hardware. I'm thinking of blowing it away & starting over, but I won't have time for this until after Easter. If I do this, what files do I need to keep to preserve my recurring programs and list of shows I've already recorded & don't want to record a second time?

I had a quick look at the databases, but nothing jumped up & bit me. I'm not against writing an export / import program if required. Just point me to the data.

Cheers!