NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD's and MVP...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if there is a way to play a DVD with your PC's DVD drive and have it stream to the MVP the way live TV does...? If I run GB-PVR on the PC it plays the DVD's fine, but if I run GB-PVR through the MVP, the DVD choice is not on the Menu. I installed the xDVD plug-in, and that now shows on the menu, but doesn't seem to do anything when I select it....can anyone out there educate me on this...?? :confused:
I assume you have installed VLC that xDVD requires?
I find xDVD slow to start up and when I first tried it I thought nothing was happening.

To use xDVD select the folder you want to play the DVD files from. Don't go into the folder, but move back across to PLAY, and press OK.
A small green square should appear at the bottom right of the screen as VLC starts and in the top left numbers will appear 0/150. The 0 counts up in jumps to 150 then the DVD stream starts playing.

I have not tried playing directly from the DVD and you may need to decrypt the disc before you can play the files ( try DVDfab ).