NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any news on Wireless MVP???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone have any news on the release of the wireless Media MVP? Can't find anything about it?? I thought it was to be released in January???

Thanks.
Its not publically released yet, but very soon I think. I'm pretty sure it'll available with the next month.
I am also sick of waiting for this after seeing stuff on the internet (not from Hauppauge) announcing its impending arrival well before now. I recently wrote Hauppauge and this is what they said.

gfey at hauppauge.com Wrote:The actual schedule for the introduction of the wireless MVP was announced
late last year as "at the end of the first quarter" of 2006. We expect this
new product to be available within the next several weeks. Please watch our
website for announcements.

Thank you
Sales Dept.

This differs from what other sites were saying, but it's still late.
It seems that in the UK, the wait for the wireless MVP is causing a national shortage of the traditional MVP. I posted a comment in another thread about this and got a reply or two pointing out that some suppliers (Scan and Novatech) were showing stock. Well, I have tried ordering from several and none can deliver. In particular, Scan have told me that they cannot find any source of the device. Also be warned that Scan's normal practice is to take your money "to reserve your position in the queue" even though they know that there is no possibility of delivery. Dabs and many others do not use this practice.

As far as I can tell, despite any web site claiming stock, there aren't any MVPs in UK stores.
They should be available soon. I've now got one.
sub Wrote:They should be available soon. I've now got one.

Cool....you'll have to post your opion of the unit and let us know if it was worth the wait or if it is still better to wire the unit....
To be honest, there isnt much to say. It seems pretty much like the last one to me. I havnt had a chance to test the wireless feature yet. The startup screens are a bit different.

Given a choice, I'd always recommend wired over wireless.
sub Wrote:Given a choice, I'd always recommend wired over wireless.
For this application I agree although i'm waiting on an MVP from Scan in the UK, if it's a wireless one, i'd be quite happy as we're finding that there's a couple of TV's in the house where I'd use one from time to time but don't feel right now like it's worth the investment in more MVP's as I already have two on the main TV that we watch.

David.
Actually just sold a used MVP on ebay for more than I paid new for it! But seeing as there in great demand maybe I shouldn't be so happy :/
melearp Wrote:It seems that in the UK, the wait for the wireless MVP is causing a national shortage of the traditional MVP. I posted a comment in another thread about this and got a reply or two pointing out that some suppliers (Scan and Novatech) were showing stock. Well, I have tried ordering from several and none can deliver. In particular, Scan have told me that they cannot find any source of the device. Also be warned that Scan's normal practice is to take your money "to reserve your position in the queue" even though they know that there is no possibility of delivery. Dabs and many others do not use this practice.

As far as I can tell, despite any web site claiming stock, there aren't any MVPs in UK stores.

I unfortunately am having the same experience Sad - I've been trying to get hold of a second one for ages, with no luck. I first tried amazon, placed an order (1-2 weeks it said). 3 weeks later, got an email saying it would be another 1-2 weeks. After another 3 weeks got an email saying the same. I have a feeling it's not going to come.

I keep looking at dabs as well, first it said they were waiting for stock in a week. After that week, it suddenly jumped to 5 weeks, now it's at 3-4 weeks. I wonder if they're having about as much luck as me getting ahold of one.

Just wondering about the wireless MVP (I've found very little details of it anywhere) - Does the wireless MVP have wired access as well? Also, what wireless standard does it require (I'm still on 80211b here Sad - but I can play mpegs and avi's from one computer to another with no problem, but I take it that may not be good enough for the MVP)?
Pages: 1 2 3