NextPVR Forums

Full Version: video playback reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I initially tested the mediamvp with gbpvr on my laptop, got it all working, then decided to build a dedicated server. I built a XP machine from scratch, installed gbpvr, directx, sp2 and a mpeg decoder (i'm just using it for playback, no recording device is on this machine)

It comes up find, and can play audio, but whenever I select a video (it's mostly divx and avi files), the screen goes black for about 3 seconds then says "contacting servers"

any ideas?
Did you read the sticky thread on this forum?
GBPVR uses something that is loaded with the Hauppauge MPV software when it plays avi files. You need to install the Hauppauge software, and disable the Hauppauge services.
Jim_ Wrote:GBPVR uses something that is loaded with the Hauppauge MPV software when it plays avi files. You need to install the Hauppauge software, and disable the Hauppauge services.

Afaik that's only true for wmv-files.

@dooleyd what specs does your system have? to play avis through the mvp you need more power than for just normal GBPVR.
my bad, the patch in the sticky thread did the trick
HtV Wrote:Afaik that's only true for wmv-files.

@dooleyd what specs does your system have? to play avis through the mvp you need more power than for just normal GBPVR.

Are you sure? Wink
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...stcount=12
That could be. Big Grin
The only time I tried playing an avi was after installing 96.12 and testing the transcode menu function. It rebooted the mpv every time until I installed the haupauge software. Maybe that was a bug corrected with the reboot patch. I'll give it a try.

Jim
How does a PIII Mobile compare to regular pentium or amd processors?
I kind of expect your sytem to be to slow to show avi's over the mvp, because of the parallel transcoding it has to do. Forgive me if I'm mistaken.
Hi HtV,
The PIII mobile works great for what I use it for, a dedicated system doing mpeg capture and playback through the MPV. The speedstep processor just idols along using 6% at 200MHz until comskip detects a commercial, then it hits 20% @ 1066.
I tried AVI playback with my XP 1800 and it did fine at the default low quality setting, but I have plenty of storage and prefer mpeg.