NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recordings show on HD, however not in GB-PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello - I have been using GB-PVR along with a MediaMVP. The shows that I have recorded are not showing up in the GB-PVR menu, either through my MediaMVP or on the HTPC. The recording files show on the hard drive in the directory that I created (and configured through config). The recordings are there, they are just not showing up - any ideas? :confused:

THX
Do you have access installed? If so can you check that the files are listed in gbpvr.mdb (inside the Program Files/devnz/gbpvr/ directory
Did you move the files? If gbpvr for some reason looses its reference to the files, it will assume they are deleted, and hence it will remove them from its database.
Thanks for the reply - I was able to bring up gbpvr.mdb in Access. I am not sure which table holds the recorded programs.

The files have not been moved, this was the original directory that was created when I first configured the gbpvr. They were showing up for a few days, then stopped.

I appreciate your help...
Probably something went wrong:confused: .
If you can't import them using the mpeg-import util you can always add the recording-dir as a video library-dir in config-directories. This way the recordings will show up in your videolibrary, so you can at least play them through GBPVR, you won't have the extra info however.
Good luck.
elite Wrote:Do you have access installed? If so can you check that the files are listed in gbpvr.mdb (inside the Program Files/devnz/gbpvr/ directory

Openoffice.org also offers a database app that can open the .mdb files via jdbc...I have found it useful on several occasions to clean things up. On an unrelated note, I use the rest of the apps instead of Office.
manute42 Wrote:Hello - I have been using GB-PVR along with a MediaMVP. The shows that I have recorded are not showing up in the GB-PVR menu, either through my MediaMVP or on the HTPC. The recording files show on the hard drive in the directory that I created (and configured through config). The recordings are there, they are just not showing up - any ideas? :confused:

THX

Were you running back to back recordings? When do you run comskip? During or after?
I have been running comskip during the recording; these recordings were not back to back, they were at various times throughout the day.

Also, since I have set the recording directory through config, why isn't it seeing it? What file does the config write to so that I can verify it is pointing to the correct directory?

Thanks -
Just to get things right, You installed GBPVR, setup a recording-dir in config, did some recording, they showed up fine in the menu for a few days, then suddenly everything disappeared from the menu. Is this what happened or were there other things/changes happening?
The recordings aren't on a network-drive are they?
manute42 Wrote:What file does the config write to so that I can verify it is pointing to the correct directory?
config.xml, but I'm not sure you'll find that info in there. That might be in the database... not sure...
Pages: 1 2