NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Wierd Comskip behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Comskip is a godsend and it works great on both gbpvr on my computer and on my mediamvp bbbbuuuuttt...... for some reason it acts differently between the two. On my computer it works how I believe it should.... the program goes about 2 seconds into the commercial and then skips but on the MediaMVP it does it before you even see the commercials starting. Even though that is okay (sometimes it cuts off like fractions of a second of someone talking) because it is still technically skipping the commercials....just sooner.

At the beginning I was like woah what did it just cut out but soon found out that it was just skipping commercials but like i said earlier just sooner than what I'm used to on my computer. I did a search but my behaviour seems one in a kind but if you guys have any insight to what could be wrong that would be great. As always Thanks Guys!
Unfortunately I have no way to know where the MVP playback position is +/- about 5 seconds, so I make a guess. While it generally works, its not super accurate.
oh okay well thats all i needed to know Smile Thanks sub!

EDIT: one more thing sub, I just got a new hard drive and to free up space on my other hard drive I moved all my recordings to my new hard drive and now they are gone on GBPVR and I already changed the location of the folder in Config. I heard about editing the mdb file but I dont know how I go on doing that.
GB-PVR assumes that if the video file is no longer in the location referenced in the database, then you've probably deleted the video file. This causes it to delete the recording from the database.

If its only just happened, then there is probably a recording-dump.xml file in the gbpvr directory, which can be updated with the correct paths and reimported using the 'import recordings' button in the config app. If it happened over 24 hours ago, then you probably dont have this file (or its missing the recordings) and there is nothing built-in that can help you, but there are some third party utilities on the wiki that recreate these for you - but I've never used them, so cant provide any more info than that.
nevermind sub, figured it out myself
Have a look if you've got a recording-dump.xml. Its normally generated just before the nightly automated EPG update. If you open it, it'll have the details of all the recordings you had at that time. You can update the paths to match the new directory, then save the file, start the config app and hit the 'import recordings' button, then follow your nose...
Thanks sub, my problem before asking you was that I didnt update the paths :o
Well im glad I can save my old recordings well sorry for all those questions you can relax now.
sub Wrote:Unfortunately I have no way to know where the MVP playback position is +/- about 5 seconds, so I make a guess. While it generally works, its not super accurate.
If you think you miss too much you can add some padding-seconds in comskip.ini: padding=
That would be the secs that comskip waits with skipping and also shortens the skip with at the end of the skip. I hope I managed to make myself clearWink
Thanks for the suggestion, does this setting work for just the MediaMVP or would I have to set padding for both?
i guess it works for both, as there is only one comskip.ini.
Pages: 1 2