NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WinTV-PVR 150 IR Blaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, just found this awesome program GBPVR and it works great... so that obviously isn't the problem =).

Thing is, I just bought the PVR 150 and have been setting it up for the past two days.... and I still haven't figured out the IR Blaster. I am using the newest software for it and here's what's happening:
-I have an American Directv Hughes HIRD-E1. I used the software to test all the available codes to use the box, but none of them worked, so I looked online.
I found http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmil...esets.html which listed my box under Hughes HIRDE1 (there is no slash, but i figured it was the same thing). The code set was 120, which translated to 0120 in the IR configuration app.
-So I try the turn on/off thing, the IR Blaster blinks (good thing i think), yet the box doesn't respond.

***So can the IR blink yet not transmit?
I have used another DTV box and did the same procedure yet no luck.

I have also tried placing the transmitter in different places, 1 inch in front of the circular receiver, right on it, on top of the box, moved it randomly around, tried far off.....

And yes i can change the box using the regular remote.

So if anyone could give any input, it would be great.
First of all, it isn't obvious (wasn't obvious to me at first) is a stick-on. The flat side with the clear plastic and white thing is actually like a sticker.

Secondly, it must be attached to the STB's receiver, not 1 inch away, and nothing else. So peel off and stick it straight onto the STB's receiver "eye". It usually doesn't work unless it is fully attached like that. Just not strong enough. It usually doesn't bother the regular remote from working...

GGF
When you say "blink" do you mean the LED turns on and off?

I ask because to my knowledge the 150 blaster doesn't have a LED that blinks. Is this a USB device or one that plugs directly into the 150 card? If its usb then you have a 150 MCE kit not the native Hauppauge blaster.

If its USB do you have the "blaster dongle" located as described in GoodGuys post?

What blaster type do you have selected in the config app?
@A_Brass - the 150's IR blaster *does* show a tiny red light as it is blasting. At least my model does. And I also have a USB-UIRT, so I know the difference. Not USB - it's the same cable that has the IR receiver too...

GGF
Yes, the 150 blaster does wink. In fact I think it may even be a normal LED that has a bit of IR to control a box. When I had problems (with duff coding) I tried a proper IR LED out of an old remote and it worked from much farther away, but you coudn't see it wink - whereas the original one winks but only works within an inch or so of the STB.
WOW!!!! YOUR RULE! It works! THANK YOU! I spent so many hours trying different things, looking around the web and praying the cord wasn't somehow a defect.

Awesome, now I think I can get it to do what ever I want now.

hah, so stupidly simple, i saw the stikie, but i wasnt sure about placement so i didn't want to use it, i even taped the blaster to the IR reciever in the same way it would have stuck, yet didn't work, so the cover shields it!

thanks again
I am having a similar problem I think. I have a PVR 150 and am trying to get the blaster to work with my Scientific Atlantic 2200 box. The IR blaster config program has this model listed but no love. It wont work by scanning all the codes either. It blinks and blinks, but it does not do anything. I am not sure if it the codes (software) or the blaster. I have peeled the tape off and stuck it to the window and moved it all around. I read on other posts about HIP but does anyone know if this could help me with the 150 blaster or do I need other hardware. This is the last missing piece of getting my digital cable up and running. I need a way to control the STB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.