NextPVR Forums

Full Version: overlay? problem, I'm stuck.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm using the PVR-350, GForce4MX440.

I have the video-out on the system using the 350's s-video out.

When I tried having both the VGA-out and the s-video out on the 440, I was able to set up the display such that I could get a windows desktop mirrored onto my TV OK, but anytime I sent video out, it was all "blown up" or zoomed-- as if a central 1/3 of the original content were being blown up to fit the whole TV. I changed a few reasonable settings in the NVidia controls, but could not get it right.

I gave up and put the TV signal back on the 350, and the monitor still on the 440. So I can't get rid of the monitor in my entertainment center...

However, something is wrong that was right before. Initially (perhaps before I put the full 440 drivers/control panel in place) WinTV liveTV window was fine, the nanoedit video display was fine, the Hauppauge-bundled DVD-burning softwares video preview window was fine- the content was nice resolution, accurate.

Now, the WinTV window is fine, liveTV is OK. But WinTV recorded items show the same "zoomed" effect--- and so do the nanoedit and DVD-creating tools from the Hauppauge install. VLC is also affected. However, it's only the VIEW-- if I make a DVD of anythin using the nanoedit or DVD burning app, the DVD is fine.

All outputs from the 350 using GBPVR are fine... live TV, recorded TV, webstreams of recorded stuff, etc.

So. Something I did with the 440 settings is messing things up, or the VLC drivers are messing something up (I installed both and did things for a while before I went back to use nanoedit to cut a segment for my wife to use for teaching). But I thought the WinTV and nanoedit/DVDburning app used the same drivers, and VLC used its own-- and WinV works properly, the others don't, and VLC doesn't...

It's a bit of a pain to get back there and move things around so I haven't done as much testing as I would like; it seems that many options aren't available for me to change in theh NVidia controls unless I have both outputs of the card in use.

Can someone give me some things to check or change next time I've prezel-ed around and hooked things back up again? I'd love to get rid of the monitor.

I can also install VNC to simply get rid of the monitor (and likely will) and I love the image quality coming directly out of the 350 to the TV, but in order to edit segements I really need to have the tools displaying properly so I can pick cut points.... even if it's through VNC...

thanks for help--