NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video Card w/ TV Out Recommendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all I have been reading this site quietly for the last few months in preparing for my pvr build. Last Saturday (the 13th). I proceeded to build my PVR with the following specs:

Motherboard: Asus P4800D-X
CPU :2.8ghz P4
1 Gig Muskin Ram
Hauppauge 500
2 250 gig serial Hard drives
1 40 gig hard drive (for the OS)
XP Professional (SP1)
2 DVD drives (1 is a burner the other is just a player)
350 watt power supply
Video Card: ati radeon 9200se w/ TV out
GB-PVR

So here is the problem I am having I am currently using the generic drivers when I install the drivers for my video card from the CD and reboot all I get are vertical colored lines as output.
I got the latest catalyst drivers from the ATI site (did not work, PC kept rebooting after installing them)
I got the latest drivers for my MOBO (no change)
I got the ati omega drivers (did not work, got the same colored lines as output)
I installed service pack 2 (did not work, got the same colored lines/bars, uninstalled it after) :mad:

So after I wasted my weekend looking for drivers and having to uninstall them I have given up on the video card. So can someone please recommend a good video card with
TV/out that would give me high quality output to my monitor or TV for about $100 USD for the most.
I am looking at the Sigma Designs X Card is it good for providing the high quality full screen playback to my monitor or TV?
Quote:I am looking at the Sigma Designs X Card is it good for providing the high quality full screen playback to my monitor or TV
No - dont do it! It's no longer actively supported by GB-PVR, has a really crappy 256 colour OSD, can only decode to a tv not monitor, and is buggy at best.

You're better off with a regular video card that has good tv out capabilities.
Sub - how about (for next release) make the config utility spit out a warning if you choose one of these unsupported like Sigma and Haup 350...

And for the wiki - we better document this properly.

GGF