NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCA issue 159 and nebula DIGITV USB prob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In pc answers issue 159 they did an article prasing the nebula electronics digitv 159 and gb-pvr software.

They did the whole thing as a how to build a pvr.

I bought/ordered a nebula digitv usb pvr and received it next day. Following there recommendation.

I cant get it to work with gbpvr, i suspect this is due to there not being any BDA drivers for third party apps avalible.

Has anyone got this working with gbpvr?

or have i just wasted £80?
There is not many Nebula users here, but I think it was working with it last I heard.

It cant work with the prorietary Nebular drivers, so you'll need to download and install the BDA drivers instead. You can get them from: http://www.nebula-electronics.com/Downlo...rivers.asp
sub Wrote:There is not many Nebula users here, but I think it was working with it last I heard.

It cant work with the prorietary Nebular drivers, so you'll need to download and install the BDA drivers instead. You can get them from: http://www.nebula-electronics.com/Downlo...rivers.asp

cheers but nebula say:-#
Known Limitations

# PC Standby and Power-saving modes are not yet fully supported
# These drivers currently only work with the DigiTV PCI range of devices. DigiTV USB BDA drivers are in development.

so have i just been stitched up by one of the leading mags?
Ah, sorry I didnt catch the "USB". Sounds like you're out of luck.
How they can recommend a software/hardware match that simply will not work is beyond me.

I will be complaining

LOUDLY

I will keep you all posted.

usb box works great though!!
Ok - good luck to you.
I have a PCI version, personally it's pointless buying the nebula to use it for BDA software you might as well get a cheap nova-t it works better. If you do exchange it for a pci version then there is a hack to get it to work with hibernation on the pc.
Last thing i wish to say on the subject.

this part of an email i received, additionally the whole affair has now been completely resolved to my satisfaction from all four sides:-

Luckily I have just spent Friday morning going to nebula and this morning going to return motherboard. Both refunded me (or exchanged with only a little hassle, Nebula were marvellous BTW)

I do feel it is very bad that you show the nebula usb being connected to your box, yes you say " The way we set it up was to record TV using the Nebula Software,"

But I can find no mention of this in the article?

You also state "The article wasn't about configuring the Nebula DigiTV TV tuner to work with GB-PVR and at no point in the article did we state that the two worked together."

True but then you did not state they wouldn’t work together either BUT you do show all components/software being put on/in the same box.

I have been a regular subscriber for many years and feel extremely let down by a project that in my opinion was misrepresentative of what it can and cannot do.

Still not happy about wasting so much time (and apx 200miles of petrol+Dartford crossing toll) "messing suppliers around" on your advice.

I will now just say 1 last thingBig Grin . i managed to return all hardware for exchange/refund.

Nebula were in fact brilliant and highly recemmended.

(the other company will remain unnamed as they were not so good)

The whole situation as far as i am concerned has been resolved.

My wife is still nagging (normal) the television is getting closer to a pc connected to it and hence a pc in the living room (banned at the moment)

Dean AKA G7PKF :eek:
g7pkf Wrote:Last thing i wish to say on the subject.

this part of an email i received, additionally the whole affair has now been completely resolved to my satisfaction from all four sides:-

Luckily I have just spent Friday morning going to nebula and this morning going to return motherboard. Both refunded me (or exchanged with only a little hassle, Nebula were marvellous BTW)

I do feel it is very bad that you show the nebula usb being connected to your box, yes you say " The way we set it up was to record TV using the Nebula Software,"

But I can find no mention of this in the article?

You also state "The article wasn't about configuring the Nebula DigiTV TV tuner to work with GB-PVR and at no point in the article did we state that the two worked together."

True but then you did not state they wouldn’t work together either BUT you do show all components/software being put on/in the same box.

I have been a regular subscriber for many years and feel extremely let down by a project that in my opinion was misrepresentative of what it can and cannot do.

Still not happy about wasting so much time (and apx 200miles of petrol+Dartford crossing toll) "messing suppliers around" on your advice.

I will now just say 1 last thingBig Grin . i managed to return all hardware for exchange/refund.

Nebula were in fact brilliant and highly recemmended.

(the other company will remain unnamed as they were not so good)

The whole situation as far as i am concerned has been resolved.

My wife is still nagging (normal) the television is getting closer to a pc connected to it and hence a pc in the living room (banned at the moment)

Dean AKA G7PKF :eek:

Hi Dean,

Sounds like the both of us have been badly let down by PCAnswers magazine.
I'm really unhappy as I'd bought the hardware that was recommended in the magazine article thinking that the project was tried and tested. However, this does not seem to be the case at all. Glad to hear that you managed to get a refund though. I'm really pleased with my DigiTV and the software that comes with the device is quite good (but seems to crash quite a lot). I'd really like to get GB-PVR working but am failing dismally. Just out of interest what PCI or USB DVB-T card did you buy as a replacement?, and, have you managed to get the replacement working under GB-PVR?.

Thank you Smile.
Well the usb version now has BDA drivers that seem to be stable by all accounts, the hibernation issue if its not already fixed in the later drivers is overcomable by using dsvcon and gbwake.
Pages: 1 2