NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR-MCE versions only work with MCE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The clerk at the comp store where I shop has stated that unless I have MCE, the hauppage PVR cards (150, 250, 350 and 500) will not work.

Additionally, do the low-profile cards only work in certain cases? I have a gateway 500gr case...

I'm running Windows XP
Quote:The clerk at the comp store where I shop has stated that unless I have MCE, the hauppage PVR cards (150, 250, 350 and 500) will not work.
Thats incorrect. These cards work fine with regular XP home/pro.
that's good news, thank you. is the only difference between the MCE and the non-MCE 150s that the MCE cards don't include remotes and software?
Pretty much. The retail PVR150 also includes an IR Blaster which can be used to control a set top box.
They work just fine with XP. I have three of them in my system, running XP/Pro. IIRC, the cards come with only MCE drivers but you can download the software and drivers from Hauppauge's web site.
My 550 is working fine as well. That clerk doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.
I'm also testing Vista and it works fine there but MCE is not any where near as good as GB-PVR.
Thanks for the input guys. I just went out and purchased the 150 MCE. I'm currently in the process of setting up GBPVR and my card as I type...

Stay tuned for more (NEWB) questions lol.