NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help with updating drivers for PVR-150
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I realize this is a pretty basic question, but what is the process for updating the drivers? Do I need to uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones? The drivers show up under programs in the "add or remove programs" in control panel. I can also see them in the device manager, and there are options there to update or uninstall. I also noticed that there is an .exe install package for the newest drivers and beta drivers on the Happauge site - it looks like this runs some hwclr utility that uninstalls old drivers first? I am not sure however what the recommended steps are for updating the drivers. I am also wondering if a reboot is necessary after unistalling old drivers. Can someone please direct me to a link/thread related to the necessary steps for updating the drivers or list the specific steps that need to be followed to update the drivers? I'd also appreciate any recommendations as to what people think is the most current stable set of drivers right now for the PVR-150.

I am currently using the 23258 drivers that came with my PVR-150. I have the incorrect timestamp problem on maybe 20% of my recordings, so I would like to update the driver and do the registry fix in order to correct this problem. Thanks much.
There is some instructions over here: http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=9814.0
In the past I have uninstalled, hwclear'd cc'cleaned etc, but with the 24108 beta vesions (see below) they update the existing drivers. I've undated mine this way and had no problems. I've not had a recurrence yet of the sound going off problem that was annoying me.

Their web site states (for the 24108 beta distribution)

"Base driver version 20.43_24108

Note: This file will automatically update or install the WinTV-PVR-150 and WinTV-PVR-500 driver in Windows XP 32bit Operating System. No further steps are necessary after running this installer. "