NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge 43 button remote question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I just got a hauppauge usb2 pvr2 with the 43 button remote. I have a few questions about it:

1. Is it compatible with Gbpvr, because it only looks like there are options for the 45 and the 34 button remote? I chose one then the other and it doesnt seem like all the buttons are supported. This is because as I am watching GBpvr, i will get a message that says Found IR Controller(34) FW Version=0. Before this message, some buttons on the remote work, but after it, no buttons work.

2. Should I look into a program like HIP, I would definitely be interested in learning it if it would work with this device, the only reason why I think it wouldnt work is because the ir reciever is built into the usb device. Does anyone know if this will work?

3. I am running gbpvr on a new laptop and am running gbpvr on an external display. LiveTV works fine but only if there is a bar on top of the screen(ie in full screen mode it still has the windows _ []X in the corner. If i hit alt+enter, it goes away, but then the video gets choppy. Has anyone experienced this and if so is there any work around?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance
Quote:I just got a hauppauge usb2 pvr2 with the 43 button remote. I have a few questions about it:

1. Is it compatible with Gbpvr, because it only looks like there are options for the 45 and the 34 button remote?
If you look carefully, you'll find it is actually 45 buttons. The ch+/- and vol+/- are each two buttons (one for +, one for -).
Sub,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I still get this message after the remote works for a little bit "Found IR Controller(34) FW Version=0". Also, should all 45 buttons on that remote work with gbpvr?

Thanks
Quote:However, I still get this message after the remote works for a little bit "Found IR Controller(34) FW Version=0
Sorry, I dont know about that one. You'd probably have to ask Hauppauge.

Quote:Also, should all 45 buttons on that remote work with gbpvr?
Pretty much. I think there is about 2 buttons I dont use.
open c:\windows\irremote.ini with notepad and have a look through it. This file contains all the key mappings for all the available Hauppauge remotes for each registered application. With a bit of detective work you should be able to work out what remote you've got, and also how to configure it to do other clever things (launching GPPVR with the green button's gotta be high on the list Smile)
fuzzweed Wrote:open c:\windows\irremote.ini with notepad and have a look through it. This file contains all the key mappings for all the available Hauppauge remotes for each registered application. With a bit of detective work you should be able to work out what remote you've got, and also how to configure it to do other clever things (launching GPPVR with the green button's gotta be high on the list Smile)

Could you post what that code for launching GBPVR would look like? That could come in really handy!
if you read through the .ini file, you'll see the first sections describe different Hauppauge remotes. e.g.:

[HCWClassic]
; need to differentiate old '0' from newer remotes; Old 0 was also labled "pause"
0=OLD0
1=1
2=2

etc.........
Use this to identify your remote, and also the correct naming for each button

Then you'll find a list of registered apps e.g.:

; First item in this section IS always the default app if no others found
[Applications]
Default=
WinTV Remote=
Radio=

etc.......

Then you'll find a list of what each button does per app. e.g.:

[Default]
GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe)}
OLD0=
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=

etc....
You'll see I've added "GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe)}" to the [default] section: i.e. the default action (when no other registerd apps are running) for the green power button is to run GBPVR.exe. Also note that long filenames aren't supported, hence "Progra~1" instead of "program files".

Like I say, read through the file and you'll soon be able to pick up the correct syntax for most possible commands. BTW lines starting ; are commented out, and are ignored.

Back up your original file and have an experiment with what you can do. My other fav mod is to set one of the spare colour buttons to f7 when GBPVR is running, so I can change the aspect ratio from the comfort of my sofa... Smile