NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2 different tunner cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have gbpvr setup with a pvr150 controling my digital cable box and it works fine. However I would like to add a 102g dvb card and was wondering how this setup would work. For example what would be showing in the guide the sat guide or the digital cable guide and how would I switch back and forth. Any info would be greatly welcomed. Thanks
From my (limited) experience the TV guide shows all available channels across both (all) tuners. What actually shows up also seems to depend on the EPG source(s) you use. For example:
1) if I have both tuners using the DVB-T EPG, then I just get a single list of channels, and GBPVR 'knows' that I can record off one, and still watch another (it automatically assigns one card to record, and one to watch)
2) if I change one of the tuners to use the bleb EPG I get some instances of duplicate channels, because bleb and DVB-T name the channels slightly differently (e.g. I get one channel called 'BBC ONE' and another called 'BBC 1'), but I still only get one instance of e.g. channel 4, because each EPG names it identically
3) From what I've read in the forums, the XML EPG may allow you to configure channel naming (e.g. to combine or seperate instances of the same channel from differnet sources), but I haven't looked at it myself so you'll have to experiment, or search related posts.