NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Get GB-PVR was unable to start the BDA device you have configured.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,
I have the Twinhan Hybrid DTV 3054 card running on an XP machine.
I have downloaded the latest Twinhan build 2.62 which has (I believe) BDA drivers.
However, when I try to "Map digital channels... I get:
"Get GB-PVR was unable to start the BDA device you have configured. Check the device is configured properly, and not already in use"
(Follwed by a .Net exception).

I have added a BDA.ini entry as:

[Twinhan DVB-T 3054 (PCI BDA Tuner Driver)]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=DTV-DVB 3054 Digital Tuner/Demod
FILTER_CAPTURE=DTV-DVB 3054 Digital TS Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=Output1

and this seems to be confirmed by GraphEdit and that "Only show devices detected..." finds it.

I did have this working on a Win2K box but now I've moved it to XP I can't get it going again.

Does anyone have any ideas how to diagnose the problem?

Many thanks.
can you reproduce the problem, then zip and attach your config.exe-native.log file?
Apologies for the late reply (BT killed my broadband connection!)

Just to finish this thread - I re-tried this again and now it is working just fine.

Must be newbie user error - but I can't think what exactly.

Thanks for the help just the same,
- jon.
im getting the same problem Sad (accept i dont get a .net exception) or a very similar one

i can scan once and my card picks up 5 different sets of signals for itv1,2,3 channel 4 e4 more 4 etc but then i cant scan again i get the error message stated above

i have to delete and re-add my capture device each time i want to rescan for channels

i know im capable of recieving the channels as i tried my card with mediaportal (which is stupidly unstable)

attached is the file requested above

hope you can advise?

cheers
There is a bug in the current release that means you cant perform the scan with the Microsoft DVR-MS mux enabled. Instead you need to download/install the Cyberlink mux, and set this as the current mux.
I'm getting the same error..."GB-PVR was unable to start the BDA device your have configured...."

I'm running XP SP2. I have the VBox Cat's eye USB 3560. I added the follwing to my bda.ini file.

[VBox Cats Eye USB 3560 (USB-A 3560)]
TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
FILTER_TUNER=VBox TV Tuner (DTF8600 - ATSC)
FILTER_CAPTURE=VBox Vb35xx Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

I can't seem to get GraphEdit to connect these inserted boxes.

I want to abandon Media Center 2005 b/c you have to have a standard NTSC tuner to set it up. I have an ATI USB but it's not compatible with MC. Somehow I was able to get into MC's setup and scan channels with my VBox Cat's Eye USB 3560. Automatically the VBox has a light for signal that lights up. So something was able to start the device.

How can I start the device?

I feel like I'm so close to getting a picture. I've wasted countless hours with Media Center 2005. I'm hoping this will work.
Have you checked the pin names in Graphedit, and are they 100% correct?
sub Wrote:Have you checked the pin names in Graphedit, and are they 100% correct?

Thanks.

I noticed that the "VBox TV Tuner (DTF8600 - ATSC)" only had an "Input0" pin. So I took out the "PIN_TUNER_OUT" variable.

The "VBox Vb35xx Capture" has "MPEG2 Transport" on both sides of the box.

[VBox Cats Eye USB 3560 (USB-A 3560)]
TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
FILTER_TUNER=VBox TV Tuner (DTF8600 - ATSC)
FILTER_CAPTURE=VBox Vb35xx Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

But I have the same result..."device not started..."
Quote:I noticed that the "VBox TV Tuner (DTF8600 - ATSC)" only had an "Input0" pin. So I took out the "PIN_TUNER_OUT" variable.
Dont do that!
You may need to connect it to the ATSC Network Provider before it'll create an output pin. You can do this in GraphEdit.
sub Wrote:Dont do that!
You may need to connect it to the ATSC Network Provider before it'll create an output pin. You can do this in GraphEdit.

How Cow! I finally got something in GraphEdit.

I Added "Microsoft ATSC Network Provider".
Connected it to "VBox TV Tuner...". A "MPEG2 Transporter" is now visible.
I connected that to "VBox VB35xx Capture".

So what does this all mean? As far as configuring the bda.ini...

Thanks thus far again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4